Re: Beacon abuse

Syndic wrote:

Oh yeah... you were "doing logistics" and nobody was watching you go in circles.

lol

I can see why you would try to paint others with your rather murky brush laughable as the attempt is.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Oh yeah... you were "doing logistics" and nobody was watching you go in circles.

lol

I can see why you would try to paint others with your rather murky brush laughable as the attempt is.

Almost as funny as how desperately you are trying to hurt your enemies with dev intervention vs fighting them in game.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

53 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-19 15:08:54)

Welcome to Mission-Beacon abuse that started 2 years ago

*cough* STC

and never stopped

I repeatedly tell this to Zoom, but its the proverbial duck on the desk, all he sees is duck poop

This is a primary reason alone to start new servers for release, these moneys are woven in to the game economy now and forever, two years worth.

Jita wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

Pretty obviously a problem that needs fixing imo (and seems the devs agree). But I guess Joke knew about this for a while, so maybe tone down the righteous indignation? Also lol at CIR & friends complaining about 'manufactured' forum drama. Carry on

Btw, how many ppl posting in this thread have never been banned or had things removed from their accounts for previous infractions? I wonder wink

I knew about missions for a while. On their own its not such a massive issue. Coupled with beacon pits is a bit more however. The beacon thing is kinda new to me but spy's ftw.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

54 (edited by Professor Novastrov PhD 2014-06-19 16:33:08)

Dazamin wrote:

Btw, how many ppl posting in this thread have never been banned or had things removed from their accounts for previous infractions? I wonder wink

Been CIR in Perp for 4.5 years and never even received a PM regarding my conduct, let alone an asset strip, game or forum ban.

Stranger Danger wrote:
Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

lol

Almost as funny as how desperately you are trying to hurt your enemies with dev intervention vs fighting them in game.

Actually us shutting down the ability to get these crazy amounts of stuff hurts us more than any of you because we haven't done it and corps like 77 CIR and STC have abused the hell out of it. Thus gives us a stuff disadvantage.

Its the right thing for the game so I couldn't care less.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Jita wrote:

Actually us shutting down the ability to get these crazy amounts of stuff hurts us more than any of you because we haven't done it and corps like 77 CIR and STC have abused the hell out of it. Thus gives us a stuff disadvantage.

Its the right thing for the game so I couldn't care less.

If there is one thing you are known for its always looking out for the future of the game; certainly not HHNs and Fingers of God.

Jita wrote:

Your memory is short, your foresight even shorter. Just admit you're feeling are hurt and you're lashing out. I cannot believe this from the man who coined "pants on head"

Jita wrote:

PRIMARILY because we were c*ck blocked from taking initia from noobs so that we couldn't benefit from the beacon thingy and SECONDARILY, its the right thing for the game so I couldn't care less.

Updated your post for accuracy big_smile

And based on your posting frequncy it seems you care a whole lot more than you are admitting to...

"...we will take undefended gammas and stations."  -Cassius of STC

Your tears are delicious.

Drag some more mobs on to new players and feel e strong brosefs!

nobody cares

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Wasn't the AOE damage initially a pvp anti-blob mechanic? This should have never spilled over to NPCs.

RIP PERPETUUM

Tund Bungler wrote:

Fingers of God.

You keep mentioning this bug turned exploit like its something to be ashamed of.

On the contrary for those that don't know I discovered a bug where if I pasted something with image tags on to a convo it killed your client ... And whoever you convo'd.

This basically gave you the power to log anyone out of the game and was a lot of fun for the few hours I *** with beastmode and when Zoom logged on he got the god finger too.

The difference between the Human Centipede and Joke ofc is that the same day I found it I reported it.

Alongside two cargo exploits, a teleport bug, unkillable intakts and a bunch of other stuff including this.

I do miss the god finger. Best bug ever.

Celebro wrote:

Wasn't the AOE damage initially a pvp anti-blob mechanic? This should have never spilled over to NPCs.

That would be the Logical thing to do.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Jita wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

Fingers of God.

a teleport bug,

Ugh... Disappearing Seth.... /cough /cough

Actually the primary difference between our beloved Confederacy of Equal Partners and the repugnant Shortbus Windowlickers is that we don't cascade and tell Zoom to do his job after 1 or 2 or 3 lost fights.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I remember when you used to abuse the refresh of the protection timer, Jita, not to get your poor self killed, and to easily scout the enemy forces. Over the course of several days until it got fixed.

Talk about 'reputation'.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

67 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-06-19 23:19:59)

So this topics has come up again I see.

Beacons:
Beacon grinding has been broken since it was released. The DEVs finally got the point after STC back in the day dropped 100 Beacons at once? i think. But they still failed to fix them propperly
(IMO you should only be able to have 3 beacons active within 500m of each other. At the moment once a beacon activates it no longer 'counts' for the current 500m rule.)

Missions:
Missions in this game have been broken since they were first coded into the game. The DEVs have been told for years on the forums, thru support tickets & maybe even the podcast.
THEY NEVER LISTEN. untill some one comes along making a big song & dance, unleashing a herd of Drama Llamas onto the forums spouting that one corp or another is now using NEW & PREVIOUSLY UNKNOWN MISSION EXPLOITS
News flash Son: these "exploits" have been around for years & have been used to to make 10s of billions of nic. By the vast majority of the players that have played this game over its history.

Jita you must have missed this bit of perpetuum history But the transport mission farming has been going on in this game for YEARS. the current format has been going on for as long as spark telleporting has been in.
When we had the cargo exploit 1.0 a year or so ago that was being used by most of the games population or at the very least every corp in game. The issue of transport missions being use with this exploit was brought up back then. The DEVs were told about it & Zoom said it was all "sorted".

All the info is on these forums for those who wish to go & find it. I dont because I couldnt care less about the whole thing. DEVs have been so inconsistent on these issues its not funny.
@ Jita, your sounding P bitter mate. Did you lie to me on the Podcast ? smile

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Your complaining because the stuff you know is broken got fixed. Blaming me because I asked for stuff you know is broken to be fixed. And I'm the bitter one?

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

When we had the cargo exploit 1.0 a year or so ago that was being used by most of the games population or at the very least every corp in game. The issue of transport missions being use with this exploit was brought up back then. The DEVs were told about it & Zoom said it was all "sorted".

Zooms post about this specifically said they found no one using the cargo exploit, are you saying you know different Obi??? Spill the beans tongue

I remember when I was in RG back when the game first came out it was discovered you could take and then abort transport missions by the 100's -- and you didn't even have to do it on a toon that was eventually going to run the missions. It was discussed by high command, and the consensus was that WE wouldn't abuse it. The choice to abuse ingame mechanics is and has always been your own. If the best excuse you can come up with is that everyone does it, then you need to spend some time reflecting on your own morals. If 1,000 people *** your mother, does it make it ok, since everyone did it?

Go ahead and show me how shallow you are morally and argue that playing a game is nothing like ***, and how your actions are somehow not as bad because.... wait for it.... everyone else did it.

Let's not talk about morals.

One way or another you've known about the transport missions for months if not years.

It only became an "abuse of game mechanics" when it became evident you couldn't capture Initia (L5 transport missions) after your people didn't come back to the game after the server move.

There's nothing moral or good-for-the-game when you come from a standpoint that screams "If I can't do it then I'll make it so nobody can do it".

Which ultimately, is fine since it doesn't change anything relevant. We will continue doing our best to murder you on Beta. You will continue mining titan and selling it to us to buy epriton from us. And you will have one less tangible reason to present to your alliance on your little saturday meeting when you unveil your super secret plan nobody knows anything about.

wink

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

http://i59.tinypic.com/qosw1x.jpg

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Syndic wrote:

One way or another you've known about the transport missions for months if not years.

It only became an "abuse of game mechanics" when it became evident you couldn't capture Initia (L5 transport missions) after your people didn't come back to the game after the server move.

There's nothing moral or good-for-the-game when you come from a standpoint that screams "If I can't do it then I'll make it so nobody can do it".

Which ultimately, is fine since it doesn't change anything relevant. We will continue doing our best to murder you on Beta. You will continue mining titan and selling it to us to buy epriton from us. And you will have one less tangible reason to present to your alliance on your little saturday meeting when you unveil your super secret plan nobody knows anything about.

wink

More lies, more spin, more failure. Suck it.

Jita wrote:
Syndic wrote:

wink

More lies, more spin, more failure. Suck it.

0.5/10

I know you can do better than that Jita.

I will patiently wait for the botang debrief with paste text logs and voice comm recordings.  Then a sound board will be made.