Topic: Beacon abuse

It's currently possible to activate a lot of beacons at once and manipulate their path so you can use plasma bombs to mass kill the spawns with explosion damage.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Re: Beacon abuse

How? I thought you can't deploy more than 3 beacons in one place.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I guess NPC will follow you anywhere, might as well set them a nice trap smile

RIP PERPETUUM

DEV Zoom wrote:

you do them at distance and pull them to the same location. Basically remove NPC explosion damage vs other NPC's and you fix all beacon issues that can be thought of. As soon as beacon pits were removed of course the community was going to find a way.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Jita wrote:
DEV Zoom wrote:

you do them at distance and pull them to the same location. Basically remove NPC explosion damage vs other NPC's and you fix all beacon issues that can be thought of. As soon as beacon pits were removed of course the community was going to find a way.

Yes.... Yes... Lure them into a Trap... Yes...  We pop beacons at 5 different locations then kite them strategically into a pit, using OP Ewar Mechanics.  Once in side a pit a waiting bomb is there, precisely timed to explode at the EXACT time the NPC cross the threshold than the ewar pilots run back to those 5 different locations and kite them back to the bottlenecked area were another precisely timed bomb is sitting there waiting, meanwhile scarabs are used to get out of the way bombs, dodge observers, and then collect the cans!  Sound fishy?  Because it is!

We are doing them 3 at a time just like anyone else.  Jitas making all this up in his mind and claiming people are making Billions an hour!  Give me a break.  You just got trolled Zoom.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Have a look on the killboard at how many arkhes and sequers are dying on Dom. They are the ones activating beacons and dropping bombs.

45 Strategic locations all lead by Arkhes to the final Bacon pit of Doom.

an Equal Opportunity employer

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

To be honest, it shouldn't even be possible to activate distress beacons on Alpha.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Exactly

DEV Zoom wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Jita wrote:

Have a look on the killboard at how many arkhes and sequers are dying on Dom. They are the ones activating beacons and dropping bombs.

Le Sigh. The arkhes are forced to click the 3 beacons..............................................

Black Arkhes

Ville wrote:
Jita wrote:

Le Sigh. The arkhes are forced to click the 3 beacons..............................................

http://www.perp-kill.net/list/&page=2&

and look ... three arkhes dying at the same time. Its almost as if your activating 9 beacons at the same time, exactly as I said ....

You do realize it takes 3 people clicking on a commando beacon to activate it, right?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

all converging on one strategic location of death

well, we do have 27 people

Syndic wrote:

You do realize it takes 3 people clicking on a commando beacon to activate it, right?

He's totally lost it Syn.

Omg!  I tught evry one knew of this arkhe + beacon bug

Rage Blackout wrote:

well, we do have 27 people

New Teamwork Exploit

Zoom, did you know that if you get several people working together that they can accomplish more than the individuals themselves, working alone.

19 (edited by Mastablasta 2014-06-18 21:03:22)

Why the *** is this a problem? Its super *** complicated and super *** hard to pull off correctly.  If you mess up you lose bots with expensive *** in it.  Which is really easy if you dont know what your doing.  You have to have the perfect spot for it.  Also, everyone has access to it. They arnt doing it, for some stupid reason, but everyone can.  Its not an exploit or abuse. Its correct use of game mechanics to maximize profit vs time management.   Furthermore, Why the *** would the devs "fix" this.  The only knee jerk reactions is to stop all npc to npc explosion damage.  I mean who the *** thinks thats a good idea.  Jita only complains about it because he doesnt know how to pull it off properly yet.   If he did know how, he wouldnt be here posting about its abuse. 

I ask the devs to come out and see us doing it some time and see how complicated and how much money and time is involved before they do some hatchet job on game mechanics that have been in since the beginning of the game.  Let them see how easy it is to mess up and the loss involved in messing up and make the call then.

The way I see it. Its risk vs reward.  First it has to be done on a pvp island. So the whole operation has to be protected and is vulnerable to attack and total loss of everything being fronted for it. Second, The parties have to be skilled enough to do the steps in the right order several times in a row for it to come off without a glitch or loss of profit. Third,  The Cost involved is high.  I dont want to get into it, but you can lose hundreds of millions fast. Finally, Its something that is available to everyone, but others chose not to do it for what every reasons.  Its not an exploit if everyone has access to it.  Its not abuse if the cost of failure is high and the skill required great.

Clicking beacons with arkhes is skill intensive.

Mastablasta wrote:

Finally, Its something that is available to everyone, but others chose not to do it for what every reasons.  Its not an exploit if everyone has access to it.

So was duping and the insurance exploit.....

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:
Mastablasta wrote:

Finally, Its something that is available to everyone, but others chose not to do it for what every reasons.  Its not an exploit if everyone has access to it.

Yeah it was and it wasn't an exploit. It was economically dangerous for the server.  Even still for them to wipe whole corporations is just stupid and so knee jerk.  To be honest its stuff like this that are reason for the servers being dead especially when the devs themselves said that insurance fraud would never happen.  Duping shouldn't be allowed period, but it shouldn't of been left in the game to start with.

Beacon are available to everyone.  Just because you chose not to invest your money and time is not grounds to remove game mechanics.

Scyylla wrote:
Mastablasta wrote:

Quite a few people took part in insurance fraud that weren't wiped.

*edit: Yeah, let's not create drama based on false accusations again, thanks. - DEV Zoom

Inappropriate signature.

25 (edited by Scyylla 2014-06-18 22:19:24)

Scyylla wrote:

*edit: Yeah, let's not create drama based on false accusations again, thanks. - DEV Zoom

Oh c'mon zoom...... wasn't bringing up the thread just the spin and back peddling in this one!

The comments I brought in are certainly valid when certain members of certain groups reverse the course on certain issues. Especially when the comments are a word for word copy of the stance of the leader of a certain coalition.....

Bottom line-- every time an issue like this comes up CIR cries M2S all over again unless they are the ones benefiting....

Inappropriate signature.