26 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-08 10:21:32)

Re: Best Article I've read on why FFA-PVP is a fail..... have at it.

we are not anti-social

we are anti you

take your meds

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

In any event you can bet I'll shoot you for no good reason.

Really, most of the comments are so anti-social it amazes.

Nothing more needs to be said..... since most of you seem to miss that playing with other people means you should think about their gaming experience and not only yours, all of them! If you're the type of person that "makes your day by ruining someone else's day", then your happiness is all that matters.

Dev's should ask questions like

1) Are there any consequences for actions in the game to make it interesting for all?
2) Are small groups of players controlling the games future?
3) Are PVP zones locked for new players and locked for dynamic content?
4) Do all players have an opportunity to experience the game content?
5) Is there unacceptable bad behavior by players against other players that don't represent our long term goals?
6) Is our game interesting, challenging and basically balanced for solo players for PVE and PVP?
7) Does the game facilitate battles for groups of players and still maintain our other goals?
8) How can we improve our game to limit bottlenecks and stagnate game play?

who cares, right?

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

I'll play!!!

Dev's should ask questions like

1) Are there any consequences for actions in the game to make it interesting for all?
lawless PvP islands

2) Are small groups of players controlling the games future?
Yes.  Me

3) Are PVP zones locked for new players and locked for dynamic content?
what?

4) Do all players have an opportunity to experience the game content?
sure as hell do, join 77

5) Is there unacceptable bad behavior by players against other players that don't represent our long term goals?
what?

6) Is our game interesting, challenging and basically balanced for solo players for PVE and PVP?

7) Does the game facilitate battles for groups of players and still maintain our other goals?

8) How can we improve our game to limit bottlenecks and stagnate game play?
This is the only important thing you've said right here.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

In any event you can bet I'll shoot you for no good reason.

Really, most of the comments are so anti-social it amazes.

Nothing more needs to be said..... since most of you seem to miss that playing with other people means you should think about their gaming experience and not only yours, all of them! If you're the type of person that "makes your day by ruining someone else's day", then your happiness is all that matters.

I care and think about the gaming experience of every single person in my corporation, and go out of my way to find ways to make the game entertaining and fun for them.

I am however, neither paid (nor responsible) for taking the feelings and happiness of random people in my consideration. You and others speak of the game's community - my community is defined by the corp-tag not by the game.

Annihilator wrote:

let me tell you, we had that discussion already 4 years ago, when a group of player, that had a significant influence in development of the game, and who are the "Heros" of those posting here against you.

for example syndics corp has the declared goal to grief another, rather big, corp out of the game (aka reducing the number of active player). Even though thats a kind of violation of the EULA, the DEVs won't react to that due to other circumstances.

edit:
BUT, the DEVs have also stated recently that they have a new goal in mind that could remove that mold from the game:

DEV Alf wrote:

Also keep in mind that we don't talk about only fleet compositions, we have to take the funfactor of individual players into account.

it was not related to this topic here in particular, but its the first time i have read on the official forums that DEV considering the fun of individual player

We have the declared goal to destroy in-game assets (like Gamma bases) and kill people from certain corporations, yes. That's not a violation of the EULA, that's called playing the game. You should try it sometime instead of being a 4 year old parasite that does nothing except pretend you're a Developer and you know how the game should be played.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's all good..

I just uninstalled the game and gave my stuff away... didn't see a playable game here. I think most new players will have the same feeling after a couple of weeks.

Good luck to all and I will see many of you in the VERSE.

OK here is a reason I'll shoot you if you ever come back. The game has mechs and guns. What else are we supposed to do? Lobby for peace and the reduction of weapons production.

Like I said you're taking this all way too personally as if it's NOT a game.

Sparking to other games

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

It's all good..

I just uninstalled the game and gave my stuff away... didn't see a playable game here. I think most new players will have the same feeling after a couple of weeks.

Sadly the vast majority of the steam infusion feel the same way and the simple response from the Vets is shrug.

32 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-09 17:56:11)

Curblugeon wrote:
Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

It's all good..

Sadly the vast majority of the steam infusion feel the same way and the simple response from the Vets is shrug.

This community has been discussing how to make this game better for years. Please tell me your solution 'to make the game better' for new players and all.

Edit. Don't tell me, convince the Devs and give them a road map.

Sparking to other games

Another satisfied customer.   tongue

The big problem with this being associated to Perpetuum is, Perpetuum is not FFA.

The machismo drive to convince new people it is mandatory that they be on Beta doesn't suggest people are seeing the game. instead are seeing the spin.

What if the spin is pretty?

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

What if the spin is pretty?

Most good spin is.

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

I made a post in this forum only to be shot down by those who would rather see their game fade to black than fix it.

Here is an article that really hits home on why this game will truly have challenges to survive and some ideas on how to fix it.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/12/20 … p-sandbox/

I am only posting, because I am trying to help, not to harass.

Best

Interesting article, if long winded.  But I don't agree. There is a market for Open PVP if done right.  I play Eve also..11 accounts, live in Null have many caps yada yada yada. Eve works because it has High Sec (concord) Low sec, and Null. I read years ago that 70% of eve lives in High sec. I dont know if that has changed or not..but its very crowded.  While it does have ganking in high..they have at most 30 seconds then Concord kills them. And they can't escape Concord.  To survive concord is considered and exploit (I am told) and you will get banned. It's basically insta-kill by CCP.

I like eve because it's the closest thing to virtual reality we have. Many will laugh that, but you have to consider the player involvement. that's what makes eve real.  When you have wars that last for years (2 years on one for me) and the lengths people go to accomplish their goals, its not a game of kill kill kill. its way more then that.

So that brings me to Perpetuum.  I am here because it is structured like Eve.  It has a high Sec. (Alpha islands). It has a low sec, Beta..and missing Null i guess is Gamma.    I can stay in Alpha and rat and mine and get skills.  When I am ready I can go to beta and try my luck.  I am not griefed on Alpha. If you die on Beta that is not greiffing.  Beta is like Low Null in eve. You survive by joining an allaince. Or here a large corporation that controls territory.  Or you do small gang.  I like small gang. My plan for Beta is that. 

My hope is Perpetuum will grow over time. I think they need to Release it. I was hesitant to come because its listed as still "pre-release" and a lot of people will wait.

My only worry is with so few ways to get to Beta easy to spawn camp the teleports.   They do they in eve, camp the gates to low sec, but we have ways to get away because we have warp drive. 

I think we need cloaking on some robots. A covert class.  Weaker in hit points and firepower but the ability to cloak. 

And we need more then 1 terminal per island.

Syndic wrote:

I care and think about the gaming experience of every single person in my corporation, and go out of my way to find ways to make the game entertaining and fun for them.

If you care enough about your players, you should provide them with targets on the long term, not short term, and make others all leave. If you care about your players you should care about the game too, if you still want it to be entertaining for your members.

RIP PERPETUUM

39 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-17 20:42:19)

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

If you care enough about your players, you should provide them with targets on the long term, not short term, and make others all leave. If you care about your players you should care about the game too, if you still want it to be entertaining for your members.

You realize that the people who hold pvpers hostage with "let us win or we quit" will just quit regardless...right?

Someone who says "if we cant hold a beta terminal" or "if we cant continually win in pvp" then quits because of it will do so the second someone starts playing the game for real.

Pretend time only works if everyone always does it all the time, which is impossible.  We saw this on new-hope when CONS made NSI quit the game because there were a few fights with minor losses.  It wasn't their fault (cons), it was beta, they were playing as intended, but NSI assumed the agreement would mean a pve experience with EPI...

That's what this all boils down to.  People expecting people create no risk pvp or low risk pvp in a sandbox game world build for high risk pvp.  Eventually someones going to say "*** it" and start playing for real then all these players holding the game hostage with quitting will quit anyway.

When most of the players sit on the sidelines, refuse to pvp, and then say two corps who work well together are ruining the game by not letting them win...that my friend is a very sad state of affairs.

Also Celebro...what have you done to help this game grow?  Our corps took in lots of new players, many are still active to this day.  We weren't negative with them and the game, we provided content for them, and they still play.  Why hasn't the other corps done this?  What is so wrong with living on alpha until you are ready for pvp?  Why must new players expect beta life two weeks into the game?  Its all bullshit if you ask me.

What makes this all worse is many people shrug off the truth as propaganda.  So the mindset never changes.

This game will grow naturally so long as new players can get into happy homes ASAP and have corp provided content.  New players quit after soloing for a week or two, its boring.  I cant shove every new guy into PHM, people are already mad enough at us I don't need to give them "large playerbase" ammo...other corps need growth more than we do right now.  Step it up.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I have to translate to mean: tell your players to stop playing (on Beta)

I've said today and many times before, you cannot force people to NOT play the game. GAME needs to change as you will NEVER change human nature.

He says he tries to "make the game entertaining and fun" for his corp members. Human nature in a video game needs gratification pretty quickly. You can ask members to restrain themselves for only the shortest term, even if for possible long term benefits. But people have complicated Real Lives for that type of behavior. They come here to escape and blow *** up. Period.

Add islands, remove sparks, yada yada yada

@Vic, good post.

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

I aim to provide my friends with as much content and fun as possible. The game is not my responsibility. I like playing it and I have an adequate knowledge of the mechanics so I'm happy to post feedback here and there, but otherwise if my guys like shooting people I won't say a word against them having fun shooting people.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

It's not the players job to balance the game imo

Dazamin wrote:

You are correct, but considering the player gap and how small this game is, it would not be to much to ask to leave new players some breathing space to grow either. It's like CIR/PHM want to prove the Devs wrong again and again , because x y or z was not changed and say to them; 'I told you so, it was going to fail.' I recognize CIR well deserved superiority and the commitment to their members, but a little humility and understanding that this game has never really taken off would go a long way. Sometimes doing nothing helps.

However, I still know as well as the Devs that not enough has been done to improve player retention.

RIP PERPETUUM

Celebro wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

You are correct, but considering the player gap and how small this game is, it would not be to much to ask to leave new players some breathing space to grow either. It's like CIR/PHM want to prove the Devs wrong again and again , because x y or z was not changed and say to them; 'I told you so, it was going to fail.' I recognize CIR well deserved superiority and the commitment to their members, but a little humility and understanding that this game has never really taken off would go a long way. Sometimes doing nothing helps.

However, I still know as well as the Devs that not enough has been done to improve player retention.

O really sir? What have you personally done to improve the population and decrease the player retention? Please provide us a list.

Why don't you look at it from the point of view that CIR provides pretty much endless high-end content to any other party in the game (PvP, politics, territory control) by actually undocking and fighting? Personally I a lot more sincerely remember my enemies from the past (not only from Perpetuum; from many other games as well) for providing me an exciting challenge, tens of thousands of hours of content and making me try my best, rather than remembering all of the big mouth 'well-wishers' from the game chats and forums who haven't moved their finger to do a thing for the game quality except complaining about the same thing over the years.

It's not a problem caused by CIR, it is a problem of incompetence of your own leadership.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

Celebro wrote:
Syndic wrote:

We will not stop playing because you are *** at the game. That is all.

46 (edited by Norrdec 2014-06-18 08:21:11)

Celebro wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

We did at look how everyone but us roamed the new players. So suck on it, we can't do much more than that.
We won't stop having fun, just because you can't get your *** together. We really wish you would, but we can't go on your roams and fc and fit your bot, while still being able to shoot you.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

So what are the chances of a solo newbie being attacked on a beta or gamma?

I've played a lot of Rust lately which is full FFA PVP and in my experience when you encounter someone there is still a 60-70% chance they are friendly. How does this percentage compare to Perp?

Nexonic wrote:

So what are the chances of a solo newbie being attacked on a beta or gamma?

I've played a lot of Rust lately which is full FFA PVP and in my experience when you encounter someone there is still a 60-70% chance they are friendly. How does this percentage compare to Perp?

60-100% chance that they are hostile?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

98% hostile.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

98% hostile.

This is probably a really accurate figure, and not just something someone threw out there.