Topic: Infographics

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … rporations

Hello Gargaj,
Why not update those graphs to show only people that were last online in the past x days? (e.g. 30 days). Before it only showed people that were subbed, but as now everyone who had an account for 3 months is "subbed"... the graphic is not informative smile

As this check requires is a bit more from the DB (calculate the number of days vs flag check for subbed/unsubbed), just make it update once a day (if the calculation takes too long or is too cpu intensive that is).

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Re: Infographics

+1

totaly agree here. this gives a false impression in quite some cases.
people that were at least online once in the last 30 days is way better indicator about the corp size. nothing is perfect, but i guess thats way better then just member count.

or just make a second graph with the "active" corp members and leave this. might be intresting to compare the two. big_smile

+1

Would be nice

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Whoa, phm in the center wtf.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

You know, once upon a time, they had a population graph that showed who how many were online, but they took it down when the pop started to tank several years ago.  http://content.perpetuum-online.com/fee … h_1200.png doesn't exist any more.

I'm guessing they will be very hesitant to do what's being asked.  Really though, the last few QoL patches are some of the best changes ever.  I'd rather they (I'm talking to you Gargaj) keep up the good work than *** with little side projects like this.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Well it was here for the last few years, no real way to abuse it, the online account number actually had tactical value.

I might be wrong, but this should be just a different where clause and 5 min of work smile

9 (edited by Race Drones 2014-05-16 15:45:04)

Norrdec wrote:

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/~gargaj … rporations
Hello Gargaj,
Why not update those graphs to show only people that were last online in the past x days? (e.g. 30 days). Before it only showed people that were subbed, but as now everyone who had an account for 3 months is "subbed"... the graphic is not informative smile

+2

Norrdec wrote:

As this check requires is a bit more from the DB (calculate the number of days vs flag check for subbed/unsubbed), just make it update once a day (if the calculation takes too long or is too cpu intensive that is).

The check algorythm is in the game right now (look in Corporation/Members).

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

It's a bit different in scale but yes, it's the same mechanic. (when you do it in the corp menu, it's only a subsection off all characters, from the specific corp))

Norrdec wrote:

Why not update those graphs to show only people that were last online in the past x days? (e.g. 30 days).

Why 30?

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

Rather arbitrary, I would think this is enough time to catch weekend warriors and people on vacation, while making it  possible to drop the people that stopped playing.

13 (edited by Norrdec 2014-05-16 16:08:19)

This is also in-line with the old system - after all that was how long a montly subscription could last.

Another way would be count only people with boosters and those that get EP (ie. did play in the last 3 days) but that could not be accurate/don't like it.

14 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-16 16:19:10)

Alternatively just put the damn "players online: ???" counter on the login screen. lol

You know you will do it in 4 years. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

15 (edited by Gunner 2014-05-16 17:06:03)

stuff

its TMI, in my opinion for active totals

Gunner wrote:

stuff

its TMI, in my opinion for active totals

Agree with you here.

I need to cull the inactives.  I don't like being in the center.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Itsa dead sad The infographics page give an expired session error.

Fixad!1

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us