Topic: Re: Dear Devs

I hate making a new thread like this because it looks like spam.  However, the other thread got completely derailed with "corporation dialogue" and I would really very much like an answer to this question:

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.
Same question.

Spark or no spark, this makes me wonder, do you see any issue with the player activity on beta islands given the current population?

Let me put it another way, in May there were 1508 pvp kills.  Is that more or less, pvp kills per player per month, than you would like to see in your game?

I am sure there are also other statistics about beta activity that you as developers are able to gather that we players can't see. Please feel free to refer to those if you prefer.

+1
-Confucius

Re: Re: Dear Devs

I used Spark teleportation to dominate opponents in Beta with a little help from IZs and a few other tricks.

It was easy.

Keep it in, I like easy.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Well ive said it before but....

The issue is that there isn't gamma, which makes sparks powerful because its easy to hit just about any island so long as you have a high level of spark.

I think once gamma comes out its going to be very difficult to do this without having extra combat accounts simply for the ability to have a new set of sparks.

Perhaps the biggest issue I see is that it keeps newer players from being able to participate in pvp that someone with level 9 or 10 spark teleport can participate in.

Yes right now its too easy to cover the world, add in the 20 gamma islands and assuming people will set sparks in allies gamma bases as well as their own and the issue of hitting the entire world goes away and the issue that new players wont have access to all the sparks becomes the only issue...

once gamma comes out lv 9 or 10 is going to be much needed if you want to fully participate.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Without Gammas, the sparking could be deleted without much harm done. Betas have enough content and players are not forced to travel as much as is the case with Gammas. Game could be balanced around it.

With Gammas the need for sparking is back though.

5 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-13 17:08:49)

Burial wrote:

Without Gammas, the sparking could be deleted without much harm done. Betas have enough content and players are not forced to travel as much as is the case with Gammas. Game could be balanced around it.

With Gammas the need for sparking is back though.

You just can't keep removing features that don't work at current stage/state of game. All features need to be designed with scale in mind from the beginning.

If the game grows the feature can grow with it or vice versa.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

How about this for scale:

1 Spark for each Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Designate 1 of your sparks to be Home Base (no more blood spark nonsense)

Current game does not have Gamma, so current game 2 sparks only: 1 Alpha, 1 Beta
When Gamma reintroduced you'll get access to that spark automatically for total 3

Sparking to other games

7 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-06-13 18:45:28)

I am just trying to ask Zoom how much pvp (and activity on beta in general) the developers want to have in their game! All of you take your comments to the spark thread lol smile

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

I am just trying to ask Zoom how much pvp the developers want to have in their game! All of you take your comments to the spark thread lol smile

Don't you worry, I'll be sure to spam it in all 50 threads with their cross-topics-of-confusion

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

How about this for scale:

1 Spark for each Alpha, Beta, Gamma
Designate 1 of your sparks to be Home Base (no more blood spark nonsense)

Current game does not have Gamma, so current game 2 sparks only: 1 Alpha, 1 Beta
When Gamma reintroduced you'll get access to that spark automatically for total 3

+1

and yes blood spark is a kind of vestige left over from the days when we had to walk everywhere and eat grass.

+1
-Confucius

single spark is enought - the homebase one.

like blood-sparking, it should be the mechanic to be able to teleport home fast - but with the premise that you have to walk back to where you have been before.

and i really don't care about any fictional noobs that got stuck in a beta terminal because having it set their homebase...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rex Amelius wrote:

... Designate 1 of your sparks to be Home Base (no more blood spark nonsense) ...

Blood Spark have a lot of sense for me.

I can only set two alpha-1 sparks and one beta spark, then, i use and set the Blood Spark to refit and be close to battlefield.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

12 (edited by Syndic 2014-06-13 21:33:30)

Take Novaya Trava, Rhaoshan, and Davis Barrier and convert them into Beta-3 islands.

Redesign the gamma island layout from circular to something else, so there's deep dead-end pocket islands and crossroad-islands, and generally more variety. Add 3 Gamma's to replace the 3 Beta-3's.

If you're procedurally generating the islands, the biggest challenge should be naming them.

6 Alpha (1/2 Spark points as now) + 9 Beta (3 Spark points) + 24 Gamma (3 Spark points) = All spark concerns are solved with current system. QoL is there, but power projection is relegated to player-organized logistical highways.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Race Drones wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

... Designate 1 of your sparks to be Home Base (no more blood spark nonsense) ...

Blood Spark have a lot of sense for me.

I can only set two alpha-1 sparks and one beta spark, then, i use and set the Blood Spark to refit and be close to battlefield.

Of course they make sense to use for convenience and adding an extra 'spark' and being in more places in our teeny tiny world

I'm crusading to limit sparks as they are killing PVP in my opinion and the opinion of many others.

So, rather than this stupid trick of blowing yourself up I want the Home to be tied to spark mechanics

and sparks limited severely

You don't have to agree with me

Sparking to other games

14 (edited by Race Drones 2014-06-13 22:24:28)

Rex Amelius wrote:

Of course they make sense to use for convenience and adding an extra 'spark' and being in more places in our teeny tiny world
I'm crusading to limit sparks as they are killing PVP in my opinion and the opinion of many others.
So, rather than this stupid trick of blowing yourself up I want the Home to be tied to spark mechanics

This game is highly dependent on mobility, everything that has to do with mobility should be applied equally to all players, i think that is why the removal of navigation skill, but then someone's invented the sparks skill, which benefits only to those who has high ep.

For me, for the new player, the Blood Spark is the way to be close to the battlefield.

I have other significant areas where spend ep's  more than sparks.

P.D. And the problem with this game (i think) is that programmers do not have a historical record of the changes (balances, nerf, buff, etc) and which was the technical reason they do that change in that moment.

P.D. IMHO, they give an advance step and two steps backward.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

This game is highly dependent on mobility, everything that has to do with mobility should be applied equally to all players, i think that is why the removal of navigation skill, but then someone's invented the sparks skill, which benefits only to those who has high ep.

My suggestion removes the EP requirement completely and gives all players, new and old, 3 sparks of which they designate 1 for home. This requires Devs to scrap the point system and the EP requirement.

Whether Devs keep or scrap the point system I think they need to at least kill the EP requirment so new players have the same access to sparks as Vets. It's bad enough Vets dominate the battlefield with Nic for assets in multiple locations, Nic for IZs and other TPs, mutiple highly skilled combat accounts ...and enough EP to have more sparks than any new player.

Fair?

And any vets with the bullshit excuse that new players have to "earn it like Vets earned it years ago" are supremely blinded by the complete change in circumstances from then to today.

Sparking to other games

As already stated in all my other posts, yes get rid of Spark teleportation as long we have no more landmasses and scale ST in relation with the landmasses of gamma at a later stage.

I would like interzone TP´s being removed until reopening of gamma, also.

These were all mechanics which were introduced with gamma. Gamma was removed for the time beeing. But ST and interzones were left in. Which unbalances them. If you take one feature away, imo you have to take the other features away also, which were introduced for those new circumstances.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

Spark teleport is not the issue. 10 minutes or 10 hours or two days, does it really matter if you can't defend the SAP?

All PvP relies on player error for chaos factor and once mechanics are perfected and player error is removed, my blob is bigger than your blob, my blob wins. You aren't going to get bored of trading SAP wars? Of course you are.

Pulling Spark Teleport is a band aid. The problem lies in lack of sustainable objectives. Very few people are content with infinite squabbling over limited player housing.

Ocih wrote:

Pulling Spark Teleport is a band aid. The problem lies in lack of sustainable objectives. Very few people are content with infinite squabbling over limited player housing.

sorry to correct you, but spark teleport itself was a bandaid to begin with - its time to remove it so the wound can be treated because the bandaid was infected and made it worse.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Ocih wrote:

sorry to correct you, but spark teleport itself was a bandaid to begin with - its time to remove it so the wound can be treated because the bandaid was infected and made it worse.

And sorry to inject a little reality in to your argument but you have 10 points to allocate to teleports, 5 outpost cap and they don't assist in the logistics of establishing at the ready assets, at the outposts and it does nothing to eliminate the risks in spreading those resources over large areas. People lose their outposts because they were never strong enough to hold them to begin with. Spark Teleport simply exploses the phallic claims on outposts. 'Sorry' but its a red herring.