Re: Devs Completely Cave to PVPers

I play this game where the devs completely caved to pvp. It's a wasteland, where every move you take brings you closer to a FROTHING RAGE PVPER.

Words like "RRRAGE QUIT!!!" or "GGGGENOCIDE" happen everyday.

DRUMS POUND AS WE PVP FOR GLORY AND P0WNAGE!!!!!

Behold, carebearing is a lie, there is nothing but total chaos and killing!

Lupus Aurelius wrote:

The Devs, based on player input, determined that the feature, as it was defined, did not take into account that a agent merely had to delete their cargo in order to deny it as a loot drop from their loss.  It was probably never considered an issue, since it did not occur to them that players would do such.  PVP requires a reward incentive, and currently, the only real reward incentive is loot drops.  Because it does not fit with what you personally want it to be, it's "whiney", but tht is your opinion that you are trying to sell to everyone else.

An excellent point- it does indeed look like a premature solution.

To be honest, though, I don't know if its removal would make much of a difference- the way most PvPers describe it, honest kills are hard enough to come by. If that's true, then aren't we really talking about a difference of a small number of items?

In other words, it makes sense to allow players to loot their kills, but as a reward mechanic, I don't think it would ever balance with risk.

I agree that it's a bit of a hassle for PvE, especially if you're farming drones, so that might raise enough objections to get it changed again.

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

"My transaction log shows all my NIC was from selling kernals.  All of it."
"Savin's outrage tears are the best tears." - Anonymous ***

Bizmarkh wrote:

I just think this game isn't for you bud.

Biz,

This thread has totally gone to ***, but I'm going to reply anway, because more of my crap can't make it any worse.

Deleting cargo during combat only IS a special case, because you can delete cargo at any other time. My stance on this has been to either "Remove Deleting" or "Leave it as is". Removing the abilty to delete cargo would be a pain, i.e. makes the game 'harsher'. So I'm not trying to reduce this game to the lowest common denominator, which is what I think people mean by saying go play WoW.

By making a special case for delete, all the devs have done is open a window for additional qq about how deleting works. One agent has already posted that his target was able to delete the cargo before he could perform an agressive action. So the fix didn't fix what it was supposed to fix.

Maybe your inabilty to see both sides of an issue, and make informed comments, makes this game too harsh for you?

79 (edited by postman 2010-12-23 22:19:00)

Savin wrote:
postman wrote:

risk vs reward.

[... stuff copied from other posters plus a little more tough guy posturing... ]

Far too little, far too late. Why not sit back and let the adults handle this?

great answer, really +5 to internet forum notoriety.

I think the Dev team should actually give you an extra days worth of EP for that one.

postman wrote:

I think the Dev team should actually give you an extra days worth of EP for that one.

Wow, you had to edit that?

All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful - Kohelet Rabbah 7:16

Alexander wrote:

We did not ask for the change. In fact I hate the change as it doesn't work.

The idea that was put forth is what when loot is deleted you have 5 minutes in which if you die the deleted items are included in drop chance.

The current situations means that if you delete all your cargo before you get caught you still have a small chance of getting away and losing all your cargo.

1) You get seem 1000m away
2) Delete all cargo
3) Honour tank!

This unfortunately.

Maybe they should just add a timer to deletion while on beta. Then again guess that would be implemented half assed as well.

82 (edited by Xanston 2010-12-24 08:47:03)

OMG THE WORLD IS COMMING TO AN END YOU CANT DELETE YOUR CARGO IN COMBAT WTF RAGE QUIT!!! Seriously dude read your own posts you sound like a lil *****.

Iagree with the op.

84 (edited by Seridur 2010-12-24 10:08:12)

Indian River wrote:

instead of the "magical" inability to delete cargo once attacked why
shouldn't the attackers have to use a slot for equipment that prevents
the destruction of cargo?
because our big bad carebear PVPers would cry some more?
nice

instead of the "magical" ability to delete cargo once attacked why
shouldn't the defenders have to use a slot for equipment that allows the destruction of cargo?
because our carebears  would cry some more?
nice

My version sounds more logical and realistic
Though I agree that the implementation of this new rule is not perfect yet. There should be a difference between pvp and pve combat.

postman wrote:

stfu and bring a field container with you like everyone else.

+1

I mean, are there still PvE farmers that don't use field containers?

Savin wrote:
postman wrote:

even better reply than the last one! you must be some failed goon troll who ended up being an SA reject and has to troll here where Zoolooman or AxeManiac can't ban you for ***.

yes i did edit it, i made that post from my ipad while i was on the ***, its hard to hit those touch screen keys while pushing. just wanted to let you know thats about all the attention your posts really warrant. i am actually pooping while make this post too.

merry xmas

postman wrote:
Savin wrote:
postman wrote:

even better reply than the last one! you must be some failed goon troll who ended up being an SA reject and has to troll here where Zoolooman or AxeManiac can't ban you for ***.

yes i did edit it, i made that post from my ipad while i was on the ***, its hard to hit those touch screen keys while pushing. just wanted to let you know thats about all the attention your posts really warrant. i am actually pooping while make this post too.

merry xmas

You poop a lot. i hope you've got anti-bacterial screen wipes

Chief Ubenor wrote:

I'm on to you...

I am Perpetuum's Most Dangerous Agent and an equal opportunity troll.
-> You just lost The Game <-
"Perpetuum sounds like a something I would stick up my *** for enjoyement." -Kaito Kurusaki

Jelan wrote:

He's definitely preoccupied with it; I'm not sure wipes would be enough.

Maybe some kind of protective covering? That would take care of the aerosol stuff, too.