Re: Sap mechanics

Beta incentives are currently epi, nor and pvp. Tailor outpost control to a boost in those areas.

1- The higher the stability of the outpost the larger or denser the ore fields become within X range of the terminal.
2- The higher the stability of the outpost the more fields spawn within X range of the terminal
3- The higher the stability the better chance nor has to survive each cycle within X range of the terminal
4- The higher the stability the more cycles nor regenerates within X range of the terminal

SAPs (to stay on topic!)

1- reduced stability for not completing the sap for the owning corp. The decrease should be significantly less then the increase from capturing a SAP. If you get 15 points from capturing a SAP then the decrease should be around 5 points...... This adjustments gives owning corps a reason to complete the SAPs at all of their outposts.. No more passive ownership of beta.

Overall effect:

1- encourages industry on betas by giving people an incentive to mine/harvest
2- encourages roaming of islands to disrupt industry
3- encourages active defense of owned outposts to keep indy safe and maintain total control of the outpost
4- basically mandates a presence at each outpost to ensure SAPs are completed for ownership
5- slightly addresses the power projection issue related to spark teleporting. If you want to own 10 beta terminals then you are either doing a ton of walking or you are using your spark points.

Bottom line is it gives people a reason to be on beta whether its indy or pvp.......

Inappropriate signature.

Burial wrote:

1) Power projection 2) Incentives to live on Beta 3) SAP mechanics. Attempting to fix SAP mechanics with points 1 and 2 still broken will not build a clear picture. Will they actually be broken then?

The game is in bad shape. A lot of us feel it. Game needs developers to start acknowledging and fixing the problems before it's too late. Instead of introducing a new set of broken islands, fix the old ones. Ditch Gammas and fix Betas!

Basically that, especially the point about priority. 

I think the simplest first step would be to add more beta islands.

+1
-Confucius

Yeah add more Beta islands, because there's a queue of corps fighting over the current 6. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

29 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-15 20:44:38)

Kaldenines wrote:
Burial wrote:

1) Power projection 2) Incentives to live on Beta 3) SAP mechanics. Attempting to fix SAP mechanics with points 1 and 2 still broken will not build a clear picture. Will they actually be broken then?

The game is in bad shape. A lot of us feel it. Game needs developers to start acknowledging and fixing the problems before it's too late. Instead of introducing a new set of broken islands, fix the old ones. Ditch Gammas and fix Betas!

Basically that, especially the point about priority. 

I think the simplest first step would be to add more beta islands.

Agree with the priority, but I suspect that creating more islands is far from easy, from design to server capacity.

IMO first thing Devs should do is limit Sparks to 1 in each Alpha, Beta, Gamma
As there is no Gamma right now we all get 2 sparks (3rd will come with gamma)
Change the Set Home mechanic to ONLY allow home set to an existing spark location

The next thing would be to create more Beta islands. Even though Incentives and Intrusion Mechanics are "sub-optimal" it's very clear to me that New Players need lots of space to grow. I'd rather see the space first.

The Norhoop Project shows what new players will do when Vets (most of them) stay away. As we cannot make Vets stay off 6 Beta Islands forever, the developers can at least ensure they will have to walk, TP, walk, TP, walk, TP for quite some time to get to every corner of the map. This is how EVE did it! 1000s of systems.

Game needs waaaaaaay more islands or new players will have nowhere to grow

Then fix incentives and make large disparities between islands so some more valuable than others

Sparking to other games

30 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-15 20:56:37)

Syndic wrote:

Yeah add more Beta islands, because there's a queue of corps fighting over the current 6. lol

Well, as 77CIR has shown, resistance is futile. They can be everywhere in minutes with essentially full force.

Only way players will be coming to tiny world of 6 Beta islands is if 77CIR suddenly start to suck or not play or some other group can organize well enough to oppose. But what is that? Two-Powerblock Server. Lame

Game needs more islands (more than just Gamma whenever that is). Game needs fewer sparks.

At any given time there will be a group that is deadliest. The game needs to ensure that group cannot muster it's entire force so easily.

EVE put in 1000s of systems. We need hundreds for this game to grow.

Just ask New Players.

Sparking to other games

and still, all player need to be able to find entertaining activities on all of those islands. Activities that do not need different equipped robots then PvP.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear