Re: Dear Dev´s

DEV Zoom wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

Small things?  Dev Zoom, the stuff we talk about are BIG things like:

Gamma    <-- pretty big
Ewar bots and its whole profession   <--- Huge

Being worked on as you know.

Instant travel   <--     monster big

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.

Massively abused missions and beacons   <----  10000x big

I might have missed this, what is this about exactly? Is this something new or are we regurgitating past issues for no reason?

Knee jurk changes in mechanics that people have 1000's of hours and money invested in   <--- small?

Same question.

I`m sorry but SpT AND MOBILE TELEPORTs is making this world very very tiny like we said before its broken to hell

It makes living owning and roaming beta islands very very hard for all other but the strongest
Some may disagree whit me on mobile teleports but after seeing how ppl zerg from any were on the map to easy to pick locations ( Exsternal telepors and especaly Internals )   

All in all game was much morre funn roaming and sutch when the game dint have SpT and Mobile teleports

102 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-13 18:59:48)

Estamel Tharch0n wrote:

I`m sorry but SpT AND MOBILE TELEPORTs is making this world very very tiny like we said before its broken to hell

It makes living owning and roaming beta islands very very hard for all other but the strongest
Some may disagree whit me on mobile teleports but after seeing how ppl zerg from any were on the map to easy to pick locations ( Exsternal telepors and especaly Internals )   

All in all game was much morre funn roaming and sutch when the game dint have SpT and Mobile teleports

I may be dragged out back and shot for this suggestion, but how about

Limit 1 jump per mobile teleport
Remove flag restriction if and only if you DELETE ARMOR TP from game

plus, see my signature

Sparking to other games

suggestion - remove spark teleport and teleport beacons with next patch, for revamp, like gamma

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Rex Amelius wrote:

Limit 1 jump per mobile teleport
Remove flag restriction if and only if you DELETE ARMOR TP from game

plus, see my signature

That would be an improvement.

+1
-Confucius

Syndic wrote:

It consistently happens because every newbie CEO comes in, and despite ample advice and warnings,  thinks he's smarter then everyone else and aligns his newbie corp with a vet alliance too soon. A vet alliance is usually involved in a campaign against another vet alliance, and the newbies simply can't survive in that enviroment. No EP, no stockpile, no experience. Dead meat.

+ Lack of content was also a big factor in the early days.

+1, emphasis added.  This has been true of the majority of EVEfugees.  They see some similarities and think they know it all day 1.

Ville wrote:

Dazz why don't Rad do pvp training?  Why don't you standardize your fits so your fleets aren't Hodge Podge?  Instead of all these people pointing a finger, why not do more?  You have some great resources in Rad.  I.E. Mark Zima.  Watch pvp videos posted.  Learn from them.  Like well rounded fleet comps, primary target priority, terrain usage, how to kite, fittings and teach your ewar pilots how to us ecms properly. 

Are you going to die?  Probably, but that's the point!  You learn from your mistakes and you learn in small gang pvp to know what to do in big gang pvp!

These new corps should be doing pvp ops every other night.  And in between doing corp ops to gather resources.  The corps should be handing out bots/t1 or t2 gear.  And go out engage and don't try to run away.  Actually fight.

Two battles I've fought cons their biggest mistake is their FC ran.

Absolutely.  Take some responsibility.

Jita wrote:

Anyone who thought the numbers would stay is ***, its natural that 80% of new people leave. When you get a big influx you see a big drop. What is important is with steam sales and natural influx does the game retain more than it looses.

+1, this has been the nature of every tide that's come in.  Some stay, some don't, and Steam gamers are among the most fickle of all groups.

These are the 3 wisest posts in the whole thread.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

The trickle of new blood from steam will be the most important benefit of steam.

Im sure there will be population spikes when the game drops EA on steam, as well as sales...

80% turnover on a game like this is fine, its expected, but its that constant trickle that keeps the game ticking.

You have to figure at least 10% of these numbers will be long term players, and that's what the game needs.  The game has grown in terms of long term players but the numbers go down due to the steam kids that wanted mech warrior online in an open world. 

Also, anyone can come back at any time, and its time based progression.  Pop a booster go play other games for a month then come back.

The key will be to have new stuff every time they come back and get them to buy another booster or whatever and stick around a bit when they do log on after that break.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

And this is why open communication and planned expansions are so important, it gives people milestones to come back at and stay for.

Try telling that to the Devs and you may as well be talking Nigerian.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

We're still waiting on that artillery milestone.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice