Re: Dear Dev´s

Serpens wrote:

Wow calm down you little turd JESUS CHRIST ITS A GAME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Why don't you delete an account about it?

lol It's hilarious to see you STILL going on about that. I wonder if you wake up in a cold sweat every night, cursing my name and shaking your fist at the sky. bahahaha Go delete your own account and make up more stories kid, cause this one is old and frail.

Serpens wrote:

lol It's hilarious to see you STILL going on about that. I wonder if you wake up in a cold sweat every night, cursing my name and shaking your fist at the sky. bahahaha Go delete your own account and make up more stories kid, cause this one is old and frail.

See: Villes quote about joke recruitment scraping the bottom of the barrel

79 (edited by Serpens 2014-06-12 23:10:17)

I'll take your response as you concede defeat. Good day sir.

Crepitus wrote:

As someone who had ~2 years on multiple accounts and spent $300+ on boosters at Steam release I'd like to personally tell you go *** yourself smile  You do know that one of their biggest selling points was supposed to be a persistent world right?

This is it, I mean I'd like a wipe in a lot of ways, various groups have taken advantage of various bad game mechanics to become rich, ep gap between a few vets and everyone else is huge, etc. But you cannot do it, its a persistent world, and people have put their hard earned money into it on that basis.

Also Syndic is correct, multiple accounts are a problem, so can we please get rid of one of the worst things that was done, allowing the selli.. GIFTING of accounts, there is no benefit to it from a game perspective, and allowing people to be given accounts just sidesteps the whole forward planning / time based skilling of the game, obviously whats done is done with existing accounts, but please change it back now.

So um, do I have to state in every such topic that there won't be a wipe or can we take that as a default?

Serpens wrote:

I'll take your response as you concede defeat. Good day sir.

And I'll take your still being in JOKE as proof that its officers don't give a *** about the giant dump you took on your former allies. Lack of respect? You are a big example of why they dont get any.

DEV Zoom wrote:

So um, do I have to state in every such topic that there won't be a wipe or can we take that as a default?

Its just wishful thinking by a lot of folks who see it as their only way to catch up. Easier to spam tickets/forums than to play the game.

Well, you have until Steam release to decide to Wipe or make new server and legacy server or keep this unbalanced   thing going.

We, us, will rule the PvP zones with an iron fist and apparently "ruin the game" for everyone else. lol as that sounds

DEV Zoom wrote:

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rex Amelius wrote:

EP gap best resolved with more Islands, more diversity in bots and mods, and new skills to train.

The diminishing returns of the skill tree does a great job letting new players skill to decent levels relatively quickly.

Domination come from EXPERIENCE more than anything else. You cannot reset EXPERIENCE.

You CAN make it extremely painful to cross the entire world to dominate every corner.

I'm totally against a reset as a new player, if I was an old hand I'd stop playing but Rex's suggestion makes the most sense well that and forcing the big groups to actually fight one another somehow and get through some of their resources, maybe make infrastructure really expensive too.

Biffa Buttocks wrote:

I'm totally against a reset as a new player, if I was an old hand I'd stop playing but Rex's suggestion makes the most sense well that and forcing the big groups to actually fight one another somehow and get through some of their resources, maybe make infrastructure really expensive too.

Dude.

There is no big groups.

There is 2 vet corps saying BOOO.

There is 10 vet corps saying EEEK HALP HALP ZOOM THEY RUIN TEH GAME DO UR GEWB.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Why don't you guys fight each other?

We already did that for 2 years.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Biffa Buttocks wrote:

Dude.

There is no big groups.

There is 2 vet corps saying BOOO.

There is 10 vet corps saying EEEK HALP HALP ZOOM THEY RUIN TEH GAME DO UR GEWB.

You can do some variation of the everything is fine post as much as you like, meanwhile as it has been for the past three years or w/e, any influx of players has been followed by a mass exodus, numbers from steam launch have already dropped off a cliff. So, if there are no broken mechanics, theres no problem with power projection, etc, etc. Why does this consistently happen?

Dazamin wrote:

You can do some variation of the everything is fine post as much as you like, meanwhile as it has been for the past three years or w/e, any influx of players has been followed by a mass exodus, numbers from steam launch have already dropped off a cliff. So, if there are no broken mechanics, theres no problem with power projection, etc, etc. Why does this consistently happen?

becasue neitherl of them had the ballz of steel they needed to work in this job.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Dazamin wrote:

It consistently happens because every newbie CEO comes in, and despite ample advice and warnings,  thinks he's smarter then everyone else and aligns his newbie corp with a vet alliance too soon. A vet alliance is usually involved in a campaign against another vet alliance, and the newbies simply can't survive in that enviroment. No EP, no stockpile, no experience. Dead meat.

+ Lack of content was also a big factor in the early days.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

It consistently happens because every newbie CEO comes in, and despite ample advice and warnings,  thinks he's smarter then everyone else and aligns his newbie corp with a vet alliance too soon. A vet alliance is usually involved in a campaign against another vet alliance, and the newbies simply can't survive in that enviroment. No EP, no stockpile, no experience. Dead meat.

So once player 2.0 is developed that plays the game properly it'll be fine roll

Dazz why don't Rad do pvp training?  Why don't you standardize your fits so your fleets aren't Hodge Podge?  Instead of all these people pointing a finger, why not do more?  You have some great resources in Rad.  I.E. Mark Zima.  Watch pvp videos posted.  Learn from them.  Like well rounded fleet comps, primary target priority, terrain usage, how to kite, fittings and teach your ewar pilots how to us ecms properly. 

Are you going to die?  Probably, but that's the point!  You learn from your mistakes and you learn in small gang pvp to know what to do in big gang pvp!

These new corps should be doing pvp ops every other night.  And in between doing corp ops to gather resources.  The corps should be handing out bots/t1 or t2 gear.  And go out engage and don't try to run away.  Actually fight.

Two battles I've fought cons their biggest mistake is their FC ran.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Anyone who thought the numbers would stay is ***, its natural that 80% of new people leave. When you get a big influx you see a big drop. What is important is with steam sales and natural influx does the game retain more than it looses.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Dazamin wrote:
Syndic wrote:
Dazamin wrote:

So once player 2.0 is developed that plays the game properly it'll be fine roll

It'll be fine when people start playing intelligently and stop using tickets and Devs as a crutch to make up for their own lazy stupidity.

Some classics for example:
- "HERP DERP IMMA WALK IN UR NURALGIS N BLOW IT UP FOR LULZ HUEHUE U NO TOUCH ME IM NEWB"
- "RESTARTING CLIENTS BE4 BIG FIGHT IS FOR GIRLS"
- "WE PLAY EVE LOWSEC WE STRONK N SMART SO GUD"
- "SLURP SLURP RESET BE UR WORST MISTEAK HIHIHI"

CIR Complaint Form

Sandbox strategies are a law in themselves and honestly really interesting, maybe that's the wargamer in me or maybe I'm just a bit sad.

I'd be interested in any Vets view regards how they would go about it if they were starting out now, let's say they know what they know and who they know combined with what they expect to happen with this game in the future.

Biffa Buttocks wrote:

I'd be interested in any Vets view regards how they would go about it if they were starting out now, let's say they know what they know and who they know combined with what they expect to happen with this game in the future.

Ville wrote:

These new corps should be doing pvp ops every other night.  And in between doing corp ops to gather resources.  The corps should be handing out bots/t1 or t2 gear[OH NOES COMMUNISM!].  And go out engage and don't try to run awayActually fight.

If your corps not doing what I listed above you should not be complaining about not holding territory, because your not trying.

-There are ways to hold territory through peaceful means.  It's called Diplomacy.  If you think your too good to engage in diplomacy, and then cry on the forums after an incident your going to get trolled.  Hard.

Ville wrote:

Dazz why don't Rad do pvp training?  Why don't you standardize your fits so your fleets aren't Hodge Podge?  Instead of all these people pointing a finger, why not do more?  You have some great resources in Rad.  I.E. Mark Zima.  Watch pvp videos posted.  Learn from them.  Like well rounded fleet comps, primary target priority, terrain usage, how to kite, fittings and teach your ewar pilots how to us ecms properly.

Why anyone else doesn't do it idk, for me, its because I've done it before in Squid and Hokk and it was a lot of work, I'm not gonna dedicate that sort of time to the game how it is, although tbh most of the standardised fits we did 3 yrs ago are still fine due to lack of any changes. If anything roaming and territory warfare are even more time consuming than they were, so no thanks. Mark and other vets in corp are also around far less, so draw your own conclusions about their views, but I'm sure everything is great and we're all just lazy...

Add a tax to owning an outpost. wink

Dazamin wrote:
Ville wrote:

Why anyone else doesn't do it idk, for me, its because I've done it before in Squid and Hokk and it was a lot of work, I'm not gonna dedicate that sort of time to the game how it is, although tbh most of the standardised fits we did 3 yrs ago are still fine due to lack of any changes. If anything roaming and territory warfare are even more time consuming than they were, so no thanks. Mark and other vets in corp are also around far less, so draw your own conclusions about their views, but I'm sure everything is great and we're all just lazy...

No.  I'm not drawing any conclusions about laziness.  Its up to the CEO of corporations to generate content for their members.  Its up to the alliance leaders to hash out a goal for all the corporates in the alliance. I know from personal experience that Syndic works his *** off to generate content for his members.  He also strides to provide the best to his members.  So his members are greatful and loyal.  I for one am glad I was able to join the ranks of CIR. 

The CEO needs to inspire people.  Players love goals and to feel appreciated.  And sometimes the CEO can't handle doing everything and that's when people need to step it and bring moral up.  Its hard work, your right Daz.  But if you rely on others to get the job done maybe you'll get let down.  Maybe you'll be motivated yourself.  But one things for certain.  Never lose sight of that goal!