1 (edited by Lobo 2014-06-12 17:51:06)

Topic: Another Player Run Tournament?

So my little birds are telling me some of the noobs want to have another crack at a tournament.

Here is my thing a few people wanted teams last time some only wanted solo, and still some whispered of a full on corp vs corp eve style tournament. My question is how many people are wanting to do the 1 v 1 how many want and are willing to do a 3 v 3 and how many want me to make a point system and get a full on corp vs corp tournament.

Problems with 1 v 1 is bot types/items limited to what ever is agree upon normally assaults and then comes the problems with EP dont get me started on all the PMs I got last time.

Problems with 3 v 3 bot types again but in a different way whats allowed whats considered OP and not. If we do mechs will every team come with tyranos mk2.

Problems with Corp vs Corp... Same problem perp has had for the past years population how many corps have items and bots to throw in to a tournament? (2-6 hmmm really interesting) and then theres the points system to think of.....

Ok enough negativity who wants me to run a tournament again?

So here is my idea based off of an EVE points bracket corp tournament.
Teams get 100 points to work with, certain bot types are limited to 1 or 2 hulls per team, and teams can nominate a flagship and pilot pair but that will come later.
Points system every bot has a worth:
Arkhe & Light indy 1 pt
Light bots/mk2 indy lights & sequer 2 pts
mk2 lights and sequer mk2 4 pts
Assaults and light ewar 7 pts
Indy mech 8 pts
mk2 assaults and mk2 light ewar 10 pts
mk2 indy mechs 12 pts
Hmech indy 15 pts
Mk2 Hmech indy/kain/Artemis 20 pts
Mech Ewar 24 pts
Tyranos 26 pts
mk2 kain/artemis 30 pts
mk2 mech Ewar/Gropho 32 pts
Seth/Mesmer/Tyranos mk2 33 pts
mk2 heavys 37 pts
Bot type limits:
Mk1 Mechs 2 of each type limit. ie 2 artemis or 2 kains
Mk2 Mechs and all Heavys including mk2 1 per type per team.
Ewar mechs including Mk2 1 per type per team.
Indy Mech and Heavy mechs limited 2 total per team.
More rules:
All mods allowed all items and ammos allowed
Flagship- Flagship is the teams mascot(captain or FC what ever) if the team nominates a Flag ship that bot will not count towards the limit number of that type of bot but will still cost same points. Catch is if that team has a Flagship the person nominated can not swap bots only fits if there team advances. Flagship and pilot must be present for all fights of that team during the tournament. Flagship and pilot must be announced before the tournament begins. Ie. Kanogi will Flagship a Mesmer mk2 rules say only one heavy of that type but as it is the flag ship Mongolia can bring his Mesmer mk2 as well.
Determining the winner:
Fights last 10 mins winner will be last team standing or team with most points still on field
If after 10 mins no winner can be determined due to tie 5 mins first blood will be in effect. Essentially during first blood first team to score a kill after 10 mins wins.
My Idea for this hinges solely off being able to use the Omega island that the Devs made for their tournament. Barring that I would like to run a smaller version with only mechs and smaller I have to work out a point system for that.
Any other Ideas out there throw them up
I'm looking at next month to host the tournament will need prizes to be acknowledged in advance or we will have a buy in for contestants then a 70/20/10 split for prizes.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

Re: Another Player Run Tournament?

So, are you talking about a newbie tournament again with an EP limit?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

I'm new to the game but Eve did a point based system (frigates = 1, cruisers=3, etc) so that teams could be somewhat even.  Would the same system work for any team events?

Do it!

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

I want a tourney w/ everyone tbh.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Have just a few tiers no ep limit and a few with ep limit.

1v1
2v2
3v3
Corp vs corp max based on point system for bots used

And the equivelent with an ep limit

EP limit seems completely abritrary.  So a veteran player needs to make a new alt and waste EP that could be going to a main ?  Even as a new player with absolutely no EP I don't like that idea.  One thing I was thinking about is in eve they can keep bystanders out of the fight, how would this work in here?  Honor system?

Gremrod wrote:

Do it!

As he's the current champ, I'd definitely vote for Mastablasta to sit on the commentary team if possible (as long as he's not entering, of course)?

That guy was SO PUMPED all day building up to the last tournament and discussing his fits on teamspeak, would be a good addition!

Either way, +1 for a new tourny. Great place to scout for new talent and potential killboard leaders.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

\o/

10 (edited by Lobo 2014-06-12 17:52:52)

So here is my idea based off of an EVE points bracket corp tournament.

Teams get 100 points to work with, certain bot types are limited to 1 or 2 hulls per team, and teams can nominate a flagship and pilot pair but that will come later.

Points system every bot has a worth:
Arkhe & Light indy 1 pt
Light bots/mk2 indy lights & sequer 2 pts
mk2 lights and sequer mk2 4 pts
Assaults and light ewar 7 pts
Indy mech 8 pts
mk2 assaults and mk2 light ewar 10 pts
mk2 indy mechs 12 pts
Hmech indy 15 pts
Mk2 Hmech indy/kain/Artemis 20 pts
Mech Ewar 24 pts
Tyranos 26 pts
mk2 kain/artemis 30 pts
mk2 mech Ewar/Gropho 32 pts
Seth/Mesmer/Tyranos mk2 33 pts
mk2 heavys 37 pts

Bot type limits:
Mk1 Mechs 2 of each type limit. ie 2 artemis or 2 kains
Mk2 Mechs and all Heavys including mk2 1 per type per team.
Ewar mechs including Mk2 1 per type per team.
Indy Mech and Heavy mechs limited 2 total per team.

More rules:
All mods allowed all items and ammos allowed
Flagship- Flagship is the teams mascot(captain or FC what ever) if the team nominates a Flag ship that bot will not count towards the limit number of that type of bot but will still cost same points. Catch is if that team has a Flagship the person nominated can not swap bots only fits if there team advances. Flagship and pilot must be present for all fights of that team during the tournament. Flagship and pilot must be announced before the tournament begins. Ie. Kanogi will Flagship a Mesmer mk2 rules say only one heavy of that type but as it is the flag ship Mongolia can bring his Mesmer mk2 as well.
Determining the winner:
Fights last 10 mins winner will be last team standing or team with most points still on field
If after 10 mins no winner can be determined due to tie 5 mins first blood will be in effect. Essentially during first blood first team to score a kill after 10 mins wins.

My Idea for this hinges solely off being able to use the Omega island that the Devs made for their tournament. Barring that I would like to run a smaller version with only mechs and smaller I have to work out a point system for that.

Any other Ideas out there throw them up

I'm looking at next month to host the tournament will need prizes to be acknowledged in advance or we will have a buy in for contestants then a 70/20/10 split for prizes.

op edited

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men

Ville wrote:

I want a tourney w/ everyone tbh.

This isn't something we can set up on our own. We need a Dev in on it and the Dev needs to be all in. I can't sell it to them, it defeats the purpose.  I'd prefer it be a 3 phase tournament. Low EP, High EP and bring what you want, enter if you want, stay out of my EP. 6 in total. 3 for 1vs1 and 3 for 6vs6.

Umm..  Yes we can do it and we will do it.

Nice initiative! A low ep bracket could be interesting if (and that's doubtful) enough teams sign up for it. Point allocation sounds good too, but you forgot to assign a point value to the reward heavies from the last tournament. It's unlikely that someone's gonna bring em unless more are up for grabs, but they should probably still be included in the point table. As their masking is somewhat ridiculous, giving them a super-high point value or even limiting them to be flagships only seems appropriate.

14 (edited by Ozy 2014-06-13 00:30:46)

[Delete me]

Ozy wrote:

Nice initiative! A low ep bracket could be interesting if (and that's doubtful) enough teams sign up for it. Point allocation sounds good too, but you forgot to assign a point value to the reward heavies from the last tournament. It's unlikely that someone's gonna bring em unless more are up for grabs, but they should probably still be included in the point table. As their masking is somewhat ridiculous, giving them a super-high point value or even limiting them to be flagships only seems appropriate.

Seems a awful odd thing to fixate on.

well, these heavies are pretty broken and they weren't part of the point system. best to get it out of the way before planning starts in earnest smile

Ville wrote:

In theory, yes but if you think I am going to flag in tellesis for an unsanctioned tournament in anything but junk, you are mistaken.

Ocih wrote:
Ville wrote:

In theory, yes but if you think I am going to flag in tellesis for an unsanctioned tournament in anything but junk, you are mistaken.

I flag my Mesmer mk2 all the time. lol

Ocih wrote:
Ville wrote:

There were quite a few armed guards at the last one.  Some of us even ended up shooting each other at the end just for fun.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Crepitus wrote:
Ocih wrote:
Ville wrote:

There were quite a few armed guards at the last one.  Some of us even ended up shooting each other at the end just for fun.

And if you need a Sentry Squad, I'd help there. I'm not against this, the EVE synic is just really strong in me, Sorry.

As a long time vet and organizer of multiple events and a member of the old 62nd crew who organized 99% of all player run events this game has seen. Only one event was crashed by *** and that was a hershfield event called hide and seek or some ***., free for all with t1 assaults and one camilion with a t4 masker the idea was to be the first to kill the cam, every one else was just a bonus. RG came and ruined the event by teaming up and killing all the participants.

The last event that I ran only one person even got close to interfering and his corp kicked him for being an idiot.