Re: Dear Dev´s

It was going *** great on Norhoop until Joke got bored and weeded those *** new corps out. All because they were trying to flush a fight out with STAG.  Collateral damage wins again!  Way to go Joke!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

It was going *** great on Norhoop until STAG decided to use *** new corps as a meatshield. All because they were trying to avoid a fight with the biker gang.  Collateral damage wins again!  Way to go STAG!

fyp

Game reset will never reduce the attributes that my corp and subsequently our alliance has displayed since we returned.

These attributes cannot be bought with EP. I'll let you figure out what they are, there are simply too many to list and, for some of you, comprehend.

You all have access to the same mechanics we do, there is no magical-fantasy CIR bias or nerf which we can administer to our enemies.

Enough with the 'power projection' threads in every sub forum of perp.

Organise and retaliate!

DO IT NOW!

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

you can spin it how you want Jita, YOU stomped out the new corps like NSI and Ghost division, you coupled with Chaos and Cons.  We left them the *** alone to do their own thing.  YOU did that while claiming the likes of "Well STAG was there!"  Well who the *** cared Jita?  What was wrong with the *** idea that Stag would absord those new corps and grow?

Wheres STAG now Jita?  Where are they ?  On *** Alpha Jita and not playing.  Don't play some bullshit ring around the rosey game.  YOU, caused the Norhoop new corps to collapse and your current alliance claim to fame was destroying an island full of newbies.  Then your players in your alliance have the Nerve to blame us for coming to the island to pvp.  The nerve you people have.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Biffa Buttocks wrote:

at the moment their choices are either join the big boys or become future cannon fodder

Nonsense. You pick your targets, you learn, you make friends. Fail in this and you will fail no matter how many EPs. You can go to a corner to sell drugs but if you don't know how the game is played it doesn't matter how big your missile launcher is because you are going to end up in a ditch.

Any simple google search will show I know a bit about picking targets and making friends...

My point was about learning and the availability of low level even sided PVP, someone suggested battlegrounds but I don't think that would be a good solution.

Jita killed the game

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Ville wrote:

you can spin it how you want Jita, YOU stomped out the new corps like NSI and Ghost division, you coupled with Chaos and Cons.  We left them the *** alone to do their own thing.  YOU did that while claiming the likes of "Well STAG was there!"  Well who the *** cared Jita?  What was wrong with the *** idea that Stag would absord those new corps and grow?

Wheres STAG now Jita?  Where are they ?  On *** Alpha Jita and not playing.  Don't play some bullshit ring around the rosey game.  YOU, caused the Norhoop new corps to collapse and your current alliance claim to fame was destroying an island full of newbies.  Then your players in your alliance have the Nerve to blame us for coming to the island to pvp.  The nerve you people have.

Take your pills, being a lickspittle to Syndic clearly doesn't agree with you.

I'd love you to link the killmails of NSI and Ghost that we created. I think there's a total of 5 assaults if that. They didn't get stomped by us, they folded because they had terrible participation. NSI in particular talked about only managing to pull two termis together in a corp of 200. These people had no business being on Beta and nothing Joke did changed that.

I will say this - Gargaj strongly hinted that Perpetuum is going to be in the steam sale for summer which means we are likely to get another player influx. Why don't we all work together to get these guys fitted and ready on alpha first with a reasonable corp backbone and then if they are around in a month or so they may want to do beta when they have the resources to do so. Learn from our previous mistakes and get all of the games older corps to agree rather than the most arrogant.

OP, thanks for the sig.

Alexadar wrote:

I know what should hook players in game:

1. City with walking NPC :

http://imageshack.com/a/img850/457/g63w.png

2. :

http://imageshack.com/a/img829/6040/dnmp.png

It will make gameworld fullfilled by something more than dumb NPC and players (i mean not dumb ,... most of them... i guess)

big_smile

Ahahahahahhahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahhhaa

Thx Alex, that's awesome big_smile

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

So hear me out on this.

For steam launch we played super nice.  Gave new corps bots (hundreds), created a no fly zone on one island, really tried to help.  Most left.

Does anyone want to try farming them into the ground next influx?

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Mastablasta wrote:

@Zoom. I am for them wiping the servers completely when gamma comes out.  I would do a big ad campaign of getting in on the ground floor for Time based game system.  The only caveat I would give is to give boosts to people who have paid for them previously.  Same boost would be for new people, but they would have to pay for it.  I know every one would hate it, but we have to get more people playing and not scared to death to undock every *** day.

Hell yes. When servers are moved (and maybe gamma re released) wipe the server and have a 15-25% discount on New purchases.

Tbh I don't have a problem with vets getting the ep gain boost if they paid for a subscription for over a year when it was basically trash. Loyalty is worth repaying.

Syndic wrote:

There is a misconception here that should be corrected.

1. CIR and 77 with our recruiting/industrial sub-corps (PHM/133) are just two corps full of people that like to PVP a lot.
2. CIR hasn't played this game for 2 years barring 2-3 of our people who stuck around/poked their head in from time to time.
3. ST doesn't project our "power" nearly as much as the fact that nearly all of us have 2-3 combat accounts spread across the world.
4. Any point in-game is reachable in 5-10 minutes.
5. The other veteran corps could easily take islands from us if they were prepared to commit and risk their resources - evidently they are not.
6. We just want PVP. If the other vets are happy to sit on Alpha and try to "outlast" us until we get bored, that's their choice. Game is free now, no skin off our nose while we wait.
7. We neither need nor want all these islands, but since nobody is contesting us for them we will naturally take advantage of the economic benefits they bring.

Carry on. smile

Have you considered that this is not a thread about CIR, but about a game mechanic?

Spark TP and the massive use of mobile tps are features which try to hide the fact that the default method of moving around sucks, whilst causing problems and balancing issues of their own.

62 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-12 17:14:55)

OP literally said CIR...

" it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM."

Remove Sparks, its the only way to stop 77. oh no wait we have like 70 billion accounts so it doesnt matter. nerf multiacounts

round and round we go

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Lots of vets tried to tell the Devs to wipe the game for the steam launch. Personally, I'm all for it, and have been since forever. Lots of people know I love to pvp in my seths, but I'd really love the chance at starting over completely.

Give all lifetime accounts a special ingame/forum badge, 3 month free boosters, wipe the server and lets try this again, because it's not working as it is now.

The best argument I've seen AGAINST doing this I think was made by Stranger Danger -- Do you really want to be a part of a game that's time based and persistent that's been known to wipe years of achievements? -- Well, I think if it's explained properly, and used as a tool to get new players to join in on the ground floor, then my answer is YES.

Besides, they've already wiped years of progress for the sake of "Gamma is ugly."

But, lets be honest, we can talk about this till we're blue in the face (see the 50+ page SpT thread) and still, nothing will happen. The game is fun, pvp is some of the best I've ever experienced, and it's got a lot of positive attributes. The biggest things that take away from that though is the fact that new content is slow to non-existant, due to there being 3 guys working on this game in a basement in Hungary. Now, don't take this personally devs, I've got a lot of respect for what you've managed to achieve so far, and I really hope that someday it will achieve what it can achieve. The instant gratification crowd will never stick around for more then a few months, if that, considering what they have to look forward to.

Heavy Mechs - the biggest bots in the game for the past 3 years - take less than 2 months to get into and to be able to pilot descently. What's after that? Nothing.

I know this has been your baby for 10 years now, but maybe it's time to sell it to a team that can put the money into it to make it into something. Moving/upgrading the servers is a big step in the right direction, but this should have been done 3 years ago. The game needs a dedicated team of 50+ coders and artists to be able to meet the demands of new content required to keep people playing. You realize we've gotten 2 new bots in the past 3 years? Both of them haulers. There was mention years ago of possibly adding new classes of assaults specialized in certain areas. What about faction robots? Something shiny that vets can show off in, and new players can aspire to obtain?

It's been a fun ride with you guys these past 3 years off and on, and I know I haven't always been the most respectful person and have said some pretty *** stuff to you devs directly, but I will say thank you for all the memories and fun times I've had. I will probably never know how hard it is to create something from the ground up as you guys have as I'm far too lazy to ever attempt that, so I tip my hat in respect to you for trying.
(Don't read this as a "I'm quitting" post, as I'm not)

TL:DR Wall of Text crits you for 9001

BUT BUT BUT out of all vets Mobios and Merkle are against wiping, IT MEANS NO WIPE because NO WIPE

Also nerf EWar.

I believe pvp could be very exciting and the game has what it takes. But this is game is ruined and we all know  by who, it´s by corps like CiR, -77- and PHM. - by Fu ManChu

65 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-12 18:04:08)

DEV Zoom wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

how the hell does spark teleport HELP the game equally to how destructive it is?

Every time players complain about walking hours for no reason?

I completely agree with you on this.  SPT is as good as autopilot for QoL and is definitely in my top 3 favorite features.  I think everyone needs to be on equal footing though and that everyone should just get level 10 for free.

Syndic wrote:

There's no broken mechanics. There's 50-60 dudes playing the game in a coordinated, organized way.

This is borderline harassment and slander.

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I'm kinda getting tired of our entire corp/alliance being accused of killing the game every time we win a PVP fight.

Also true.  We haven't even been half as aggressive as we could be.  The un-registered CONS alt OP singing the same tired song is trolling.

Mastablasta wrote:

@Zoom. I am for them wiping the servers completely when gamma comes out.  I would do a big ad campaign of getting in on the ground floor for Time based game system.  The only caveat I would give is to give boosts to people who have paid for them previously.  Same boost would be for new people, but they would have to pay for it.  I know every one would hate it, but we have to get more people playing and not scared to death to undock every *** day.

No thanks.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Unfortunately the multi accounts will continue to be issue with another spark nerf but another spark nerf is essential, nonetheless as sparks just add a force multiplier to each account.

More importantly we need more islands, and I mean more than that including gamma. 100 Islands. Get to work.

Sparking to other games

67 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-12 18:15:40)

Smokeyii wrote:

TL:DR Wall of Text crits you for 9001

As someone who had ~2 years on multiple accounts and spent $300+ on boosters at Steam release I'd like to personally tell you go *** yourself smile  You do know that one of their biggest selling points was supposed to be a persistent world right?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

DEV Zoom wrote:

Sorry but we refuse to see spark teleport as an issue. Or if it is, it's at least equally helping the game.
Same question.

Spark or no spark, this makes me wonder, do you see any issue with the player activity on beta islands given the current population?

Let me put it another way, in May there were 1508 pvp kills.  Is that more or less, pvp kills per player per month, than you would like to see in your game?

+1
-Confucius

I wouldn't mind a wipe but I'm not sure what it would fix. Certainly people have a lot of assets but as the soft trembling *** STC demonstrated stuff means nothing if you can't win a fight.

I don't even think power projection is a problem, certainly we would be fine if there were three or four strong entities. The issue seems to be the lack of testicular fortitude from some people meant that its constantly one side vs another. There's always going to be a winning side. If that winning side has three fronts then they wouldn't win so often :-)

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

70 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-12 19:08:40)

oh why not. I have been wiped so many times now, one more will not hurt.

EDIT: Come to think of it. I would stop playing.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

So we will wipe in about two years time again (if the game exists till then) because, after some sort of new patch/ new ads, new content, or whatever, we will have new players coming in and complaining the EP gap is to big?

That´s utter nonsense in my personal view. Besides that, I do think that I have spend a lot of money in and for this game to get my EP´s worth, in a persistent world, so it was proclaimed.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

If Devs wipe the server , how will they refund the ICE ? ( i talk about players who buy them to get NIC and not credits)

73 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-12 20:01:38)

EP gap best resolved with more Islands, more diversity in bots and mods, and new skills to train.

The diminishing returns of the skill tree does a great job letting new players skill to decent levels relatively quickly.

Domination come from EXPERIENCE more than anything else. You cannot reset EXPERIENCE.

You CAN make it extremely painful to cross the entire world to dominate every corner.

Sparking to other games

Wipes don't solve anything. they just delay the issue a few weeks (in perp i would estimate a 4 week delay until the dirt that got wiped is back). Ontop of that bad press and reviews will just increase and hold off future customers.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ville wrote:

Wow calm down you little turd JESUS CHRIST ITS A GAME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!