Topic: Beta Islands - Limited

Limit number of captured terminals to 1 per corp.

1. Liquidates power block
2. Encourages new corps to move to beta
3. Improves number of players that want to log in!!!!

There is no reason for a power block to own every island and every station it should not be possible.

A huge number of new players have left the game because of this mechanic, its something that needs fixing asap.

Re: Beta Islands - Limited

what hinders them from creating fake corps with single alt agents just to claim outposts?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

what hinders them from creating fake corps with single alt agents just to claim outposts?

Because we will do as Anni mentioned.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

ever hear of alt corps

k thx bye

I understand that corps will do this but it, is a hard thing to manage under multiple corps needing reasonable alts , pressure from an active corps, should be able to balance this.

Various timeline for capture times set by corp should also spread out the dis-functional powerbase, allowing dedicated, russian/US/EU time zone corp there usual time advantage.

6 (edited by Obi Wan Kenobi 2014-06-11 23:15:03)

Sorry but as others have said Alt corps will be used & its not that much harder to manage.

The Beta situation may not change until Gammas come back out.

Or if alliances start giving some real fights tongue

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

7 (edited by Sky Fox 2014-06-11 23:25:12)

Unfortunately, the consequences of what you just mentioned and your attitude to this has already had a great effect on the game as subscribers have already on mass stopped playing the game.

A great deal will need to be done by the dev's to pull this back together, in the mean time i imagine hershfield will become what it already has in the last week:

Very quiet.

Ways to limit alt corps from abusing this rule

1. Minimum number of players required in corp i.e 100 members minimum
2. Costly skill requirement for the CEO

There are things can be done to avoid this abuse the devs just need to consider this. smile

Star Fox wrote:

Ways to limit alt corps from abusing this rule

1. Minimum number of players required in corp i.e 100 members minimum

The problem with this is small PVP corps could no longer engage in Beta outpost ownership. it forces every one to be a larger corp.

2. Costly skill requirement for the CEO

This would hurt newer / younger corps & their CEOs more than it will Vet corps.
Not trying to crush discussion here just playing Devils advocate smile

The greatest Ally for power projection atm is SpT And until the game world expands more you will cont. to see power easy projection in this game.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Or just undock and take the islands. We warned you to stay out of Veteran Affairs, this is what you get.

There is no reason small beta corps could not hit the out posts, steal, pvp etc...

This setup would just limit the control of large numbers of outposts.

If those corps were desperate to own there 1 allotted outpost then they should build up there numbers or train the previous discussed skills.

This solution is perfect, unfortunately it would leave the corps responding to this post at a disadvantage, which is explaining the hostility which is understandable

I appreciate seeing some new voices on the forums addressing issues

WE HAVE BEEN JUMPING UP AND DOWN WAVING OUR HANDS ABOUT

Sparks sparks sparks coupled now with fewer islands right in time for Steam.

I appreciate the concept of limiting control of the map by one power and agree 100% that it's terrible for the game. I do not believe for one second that any kind of corp cap will solve it.  There is a 50+ page thread discussing Instant Power Projection but Zoom is too stubborn to see the issue. 

Zoom here are your options.
Triple the island count (including gamma) and make 3 max sparks including Home Base with distance limitation.
Or Reset all EP and have this same *** problem in 3 years.

Sparking to other games

Rex Amelius wrote:

I appreciate the concept of limiting control of the map by one power and agree 100% that it's terrible for the game. I do not believe for one second that any kind of corp cap will solve it.  There is a 50+ page thread discussing Instant Power Projection but Zoom is too stubborn to see the issue. 

Triple the island count (including gamma) and make 3 max sparks including Home Base with distance limitation.

Thank you for the good response, you are definitely right.

Removal of spark teleport and greater distance would also increase productivity towards more stable corps and better more exciting PvP

If you want to get PvP then why take the stations, surely farming us on an island where you know were going to be is more fun than just running us back to alpha and crushing moral, and yet again reducing an active corp into a inactive corp, which you have succeeded in doing.

The strategy is very silly and seems very counter productive for cir and co to actually have fun, ganking miners etc...

Some kind of "decaying" mechanics, what requires weekly manual maintenance for your base.
F.E. buildings require some kind of fuel, fixing of random mailfunctions etc. etc.

It will solve two problems:

1. Pointless capturing of large citiesjust "because we can".

2. Pointless building of large cities just "because we can".

Corps will work to maintain bases, rather than mine/shoot for "because we can easily ***".

Corps will buildonly what they can afford to maintain.

Ghost towns will dissapear by themselves.

We left you your outpost, what are you complaining about

Spark teleports will be fine once Gamma is back in-game, remember the Gamma terminal will consume 3 spark points.

Distance means nothing, we were able to deploy 50-man fleets to any island in 10 minutes before sparks were even on the drawing board 2 years ago. With more EP available to us, we can shorten that time significantly today.

Our strategies are not up for discussion with randoms, we're playing the game and having loads of fun.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Spark teleports will be fine once Gamma is back in-game, remember the Gamma terminal will consume 3 spark points.

2, thank Zortarg.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

First off OWNING the stations does not really matter that much in this 6-Island Beta world. You can always set your sparks in the NPC Beta stations and interzone or TP over to the other 3 fairly easily.

Owning the stations carves off a few minutes at best and does serve to cater to the lazy who would otherwise not bother coming for some possible target or another.

Even when/if gamma is re-introduced (and we have no idea whats happening there) the Beta island world will STILL BE TOO SMALL

Sky Fox wrote:

If you want to get PvP then why take the stations, surely farming us on an island where you know were going to be is more fun than just running us back to alpha and crushing moral, and yet again reducing an active corp into a inactive corp, which you have succeeded in doing.

Unfortunately like many wild animals who eat their prey into extinction (for both species), it's extremely difficult to put reigns on PvP crazed individuals. They will eat a meal without thought that it may be their last.

Sparking to other games

Sky Fox wrote:
Rex Amelius wrote:

Thank you for the good response, you are definitely right.

Removal of spark teleport and greater distance would also increase productivity towards more stable corps and better more exciting PvP

The strategy is very silly and seems very counter productive for cir and co to actually have fun, ganking miners etc...

Do not pin this on us. We warned you OVER AND OVER to stay out of Vet affairs. But Skymotion decided he HAD to take his little swinging *** into the fray and he got burned for it.

That said, we welcome all CONS refugees into PHM with open arms. We do not hold you accountable for the sins of the father and are willing to teach you the ways to play the game the right way.