Topic: Away from keyboard / AFK tag

I think it is crazy that there is no afk flag on our portraits.  it would make sense to have a little flag appear in the corner or over the whole picture stating afk if inactive for 5 to 10 minutes.  Nothing like talking to yourself or expecting people in a channel to respond when they are not there.

Re: Away from keyboard / AFK tag

Good idea, as long as you have the possibility to disable this function for channels you specify, or only limit this to corp and/or squad chat.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I seriously think is is most important for Corp and Squad to know who is afk, disable for other chat channels should be optional.

+1

Another options, let people able to turn on/off triggers, afk, brb ...

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

+1 for corp & squad.

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

+1 still valid

Energy to Earth!

18.01.2014. [12:57:58] <BeastmodeGuNs> after that i remembered all those warning about 1v1 you lol, and i found out why xD

I have no idea how difficult this would be to design but this seems like a fairly easy QoL that would be a huge benefit to such a low population.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

9 (edited by Celebro 2015-03-23 16:12:22)

The only problem with this is that it promotes inactivity. Start using TS.

RIP PERPETUUM

Maybe I missed something.  How does this promote inactivity?  They way I read it, it lets others know you are afk.  Your comprehension is terrible.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

Maybe I missed something.  How does this promote inactivity?  They way I read it, it lets others know you are afk.  Your comprehension is terrible.

-Ensi

with "promote" he meant that an AFK flag would give away intel about someone that could be used against him regarding several PvP activities, and as such, is undesireable for a majority of the die-hard PvP'ers.

your comprehension seems to be worse then his...

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

12 (edited by Ensireka 2015-05-06 00:58:47)

No, I just wasn't thinking of it in a spy PvP way.  My bad.  Still like the idea.  Don't afk online if you're going to be away for extended periods or HOURS.  Duh!

-Ensi

Ps it does NOT promote inactivity.  If it did then the game and most the people online wild be active by that reasoning.  But they aren't, they are just for SHOW.