Topic: Plant Picking / Mining

I do not understand why I need to have the plant selected in the Targeting Computer in order to see how many picks of that plant I can pick with out killing the poor thing according to the Landmark Information pane.

Would it not make sense to have the picking quantity showing on the Targeting Computer to the right of the angle / distance where the large blank space is? 

Why do you make it so hard to tell what plants are able to be picked with out killing them?  Is it intended to make a difficult job even more difficult?  Maybe we need an item that puts numbers above plant tops and gives the player the ability to disable showing numbers within specific ranges, then we could pick plants and click on ones we know are worth our time.  Some thing needs done because it is not rewarding enough for the trouble it is.

Why do mining tiles not have a counter like plants do?  Why do we need to mine each tile to 0 before a new patch of mining stuff appears some where else?  People intentionally leave a few tiles just to grief and cause issues for other miners. 

Maybe you could change it to 5% - 10% of the original created patch size.  This would make it so when sufficient amount of material is removed from the ground it would create a new patch some where else and keep people from going to spots that were only active because of a few tiles.  It is just a flaw on the idea behind it. 

Why not have the miner / plant picking guns numbered on what tile it is or on the targeting computer locked items picture?  So when you are picking or mining a tile, you know what gun is activated on what tile.  I am tired and can not remember why I thought this idea would be good.

Re: Plant Picking / Mining

Check my sig. cool

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

dont pick down to 1

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

+1 add # to targeting computer.

Sparking to other games

Also you can increase your geology skill , that would end grief when arriving at a site with only 1 tile . You can see it faster finish it and move on! Mining is better than pvp jajajaja.no seriously!:)

I was hoping to not kill my babies by knowing what they were at while not having them specifically selected after they were already targeted.  It just makes sense to display the info on the targeting computer. 

I still do not grasp why they do not have that kind of amount info for mining.

If you look at a fruit tree you can see how many apples more or less you have. If you are in a mine, you don't know how much ore is in the walls.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

The Grave Digger wrote:

Why do we need to mine each tile to 0 before a new patch of mining stuff appears some where else?

You don't.

The Grave Digger wrote:

I was hoping to not kill my babies by knowing what they were at while not having them specifically selected after they were already targeted.  It just makes sense to display the info on the targeting computer. 

I still do not grasp why they do not have that kind of amount info for mining.

because they would need to give you access to that info, without making geoscanners redundant.

at one point the DEVs said - there are enough plants around to harvest. there is no point in not harvesting them down to zero. big_smile

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Oh interesting about plant deaths!  My poor babies! 

I think a geo scanner can still be used to see the area size, because the directional charge only takes you to it, it has one purpose and the tile charge can just show you how big the area is.  No need to change the current mechanics just add numbers or an skill that will help in identifying how long to mine that spot before removing all but 1 miner gun.  I do not like inefficiency.

I could only agree to numbers for the ores, if the number would only appear with the geoscanned tiles on the screen.
Otherwise it would:
Make tile scanning useless.
Make tiles crowded (you can have more than one ore on the same tile)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

I like that Norrdec!

Norrdec wrote:

I could only agree to numbers for the ores, if the number would only appear with the geoscanned tiles on the screen.
Otherwise it would:
Make tile scanning useless.
Make tiles crowded (you can have more than one ore on the same tile)

and thats allot of coding. You also have to think about how long does the information last? how does it update when someone else mines on the same tile?
should it display how much is left in the tile, or how many cycles of your mining laser it will take?

can't you just mine a single tile under your mining bot and cycle universal charges to get the desired result?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear