Topic: Rigs or something

Yes, like in EvE.  Rigs gave bonus's to different stats of a ship with some drawbacks  (typically decreased movement speed)

If we had rigs then there would be a reason to add salvaging of destroyed robots to the market and to do list.  New possibilities of manufacturing too!

Re: Rigs or something

Hasn't Eve been ripped off wholesale enough already?

Tund Bungler wrote:

So funny, exactly what I thought when I saw title. But thing is that game still has lots that would work well here.

I say *** CCP. Jack it all and do it shamelessly.

Sparking to other games

When there is a good idea you must adapt it in order to survive.  Would you eat raw meat if your neighbor were cooking his?  learn and grow do not and die.

I agree with Rex booo on ccp!

yay rigs!

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

*** rigs.

Double *** overheating.

I don't want to play EVE.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Rex Amelius wrote:
Tund Bungler wrote:

So funny, exactly what I thought when I saw title. But thing is that game still has lots that would work well here.

I say *** CCP. Jack it all and do it shamelessly.

Agreed.

To the OP what would you need to build the rigs here in Perp?

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

8 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-06-11 20:10:03)

I think rigs are interesting idea in principle.  The thing that sucks about rigs in eve is that they are just another buff.  The drawbacks are negligible. 

I would rather see rigs that are almost never used but have a few niche applications.  As opposed to how it is in eve where you are gimped if you don't fit rigs.

Overheating would be cool, although it would probably give a 10x bonus to everything because of the potato factor tongue

+1
-Confucius

For the record I don't think this game really needs rigs right now. After more islands it needs more bots and mods.

Just saying there is no reason to give 2 *** about taking concepts from EVE and using them here.

Sparking to other games

Kaldenines wrote:

Overheating would be cool,

Overheating made eve ***.

Honestly I was browsing the forums and saw http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … ew-object/ which I thought was along the same lines.

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Overheating would be cool,

Overheating made eve ***.

Really? What was it like before overheating?

+1
-Confucius

13 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-06-13 21:58:39)

double

+1
-Confucius

Real men overheat their doomsday.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

This has the potential to be a very nice added bonus or buff to robot stats.  Could help us beyond the spark with fitting modules.  If you give the rigs a % chance to break that would also add risk into exchanging rigs.  If there were another extension that would increase your chance to remove rigs safely that would give another EP sink too. 

Say there was a 75% chance to destroy rigs upon removal, and each level of the extension adds a 2.5% chance to remove the rig w/o destroying it, only dropping the chance of destruction % to 50 at level 10. 

There must be a drawback of some sort.  For example, it could add 5-10% cpu but decrease reactor the same amount.  Add Accumulator recharge but drop Accumulator capacity.  Add speed % but reduce armor by a multiplier of 2 - 5. 

I like the idea.

-Ensi

I would like to reconfigure robot bonuses to be honest. smile

We seriously need a Logistics specific robot that gets obvious Logistics support and defense type of bonuses for the Beta and Gamma players.

-Ensi