Re: ECM / EW tuners / Supressors / ECCM

Rage Blackout wrote:

The ECCM skill applying to the ECCM module is fine.  The ECCM skill also apply to the bot and the eccm together is WAY too tipped in the unjammable direction.

Nice joke.

Cassius wrote:
Gunner wrote:

Tux

Not my fault you all trained mesmers

Go away

Gunner, we've been running ewars and not Mesmers for over a year.

Go away.

Or at least try making a point in less than 10 posts.

True story: fit two ECCMs and a vagabond rolling 1 ECM  will be ineffective against a heavy in a fleet fight. 

Robots like vagabonds in their simplest form are design to work against multiple enemies.  If it gets nerfed to the point where I need to roll Multiple ECMS one target just to have 25% chance of overall success than it's not worth using the bot.  The random number generator by itself includes, some error.  You very seldom get 100% success.  Unless it's 1/1 or 5/5, very short fights.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:

True story: fit two ECCMs and a vagabond rolling 1 ECM  will be ineffective against a heavy in a fleet fight. 

Robots like vagabonds in their simplest form are design to work against multiple enemies.  If it gets nerfed to the point where I need to roll Multiple ECMS one target just to have 25% chance of overall success than it's not worth using the bot.  The random number generator by itself includes, some error.  You very seldom get 100% success.  Unless it's 1/1 or 5/5, very short fights.

hmm, don't you give the haters arguments against your point? which other combat system is meant to work against multiple targets at the same time. I mean anything else but EWAR?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

your bullshit agenda lead to this ridiculousness

Burial wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

The ECCM skill applying to the ECCM module is fine.  The ECCM skill also apply to the bot and the eccm together is WAY too tipped in the unjammable direction.

Nice joke.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

your bullshit agenda lead to this ridiculousness

Burial wrote:
Rage Blackout wrote:

Nice joke.

Burial "nerfing ewar one thread at a time"

The tactic of repeat-lie-until-true is nothing new.

Sparking to other games

Annihilator wrote:

hmm, don't you give the haters arguments against your point? which other combat system is meant to work against multiple targets at the same time. I mean anything else but EWAR?

Fairly confident this has more to do with the fact that only certain modules are allowed to be activated on non-primary targets. All of the in-direct abilities both offensive and defensive require no primary.

There are a lot of issues with the current locking mechanics if you want to open that can of worms. roll

ewar, locking, gamma, sparks..... so much debate yet so little to be developed big_smile

@Alf any update on what we need to discuss/test for you mate

Undefeated 2013
"Even alone you probably are one of the best" - Khader Khan
"Lemon the 1 man army .... also know as: THE TERMINATOR!" - Obi Wan
"There are people who are just better then you at doing many things at one time, some are far better then myself, far better." -Merkle

Any update on this?

Current build on the test server still has the extension bonus applied to both bot and module, which after extensive testing I can state that it reduces ECM and especially Vagabonds, Chameleons, Intakts invalid and unviable for PVP.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

133 (edited by Norrdec 2014-06-11 08:17:02)

Can I have my EP back now? I want to be something useful after the wonderful patch, like I dunno, artifact scanner or miner.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

With the lack of Dev communication between this issue and Gamma my confidence in Devs is rapidly spiraling yet again. sad If Steam numbers were stable or growing I'd be more patient.

Oh on topic this games population is too pathetically low for you guys to be messing with 4 year old ewar mechanics. Please just ignore Burial and the other few guys begging for it. Thread, page, and post counts are easy manufactured, and on this issue not indicative of a discussion or debate.  No matter how many times a lie is repeated it's still a lie. Don't confuse familiarity with truth.

Sparking to other games

Well, I can't say that I've been begging for another mandatory skill to sink EP into.

I have been begging for a change in the basic ECM mechanics (not just jam chance) but that doesn't seem to be on the table.

So lets keep manufacturing those posts!

+1
-Confucius

I think once we are done we should do something about Ictus.

obvious troll

cute Burial I see what you did

Burial wrote:

I think once we are done we should do something about Ictus.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Kaldenines wrote:

Well, I can't say that I've been begging for another mandatory skill to sink EP into.

I have been begging for a change in the basic ECM mechanics (not just jam chance) but that doesn't seem to be on the table.

So lets keep manufacturing those posts!

Not talking about you. I'd have to dig around to see what you say about ewar. I doubt your ideas are outrageous like Burial who is obvious Crusader.

Sparking to other games

It's actually quite sad that certain selfish individuals are quite happy to advocate destroying the precarious game balance to serve their petty agenda of only running around in Heavies.

CIR Complaint Form

Leave all ECM and ewar strength, and ecm tunings alone and only allow the ability to activate ewar mods on the primary target.

Done, balanced.

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

ECM Tuning is still an overpowered module that needs a significant disadvantage added to it for the 35% it gives

CIR Complaint Form

Allowing that tuner to only affect one target instead of four is a step in the right direction anyway...

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I wouldn't call something that makes overpowered ECM tunings mandatory a step in the right direction.

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:

It's actually quite sad that certain selfish individuals are quite happy to advocate destroying the precarious game balance to serve their petty agenda of only running around in Heavies.

Right. roll

145 (edited by Norrdec 2014-06-14 07:01:09)

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Right. roll

So we are not in a topic that is all about HALP, NERF EWAR BECAUSE MY HEAVY CAN'T SPARE A HEAD SLOT FOR ECCM and all ideas that could help nerf, but not kill ewars are getting torpedoed?

Because we must have been reading two different topic.

We are in the topic because even if someone spares 2-3 headslots for ECCM it doesn't work nearly as good as it should.

147 (edited by Duane Dibbley 2014-06-14 15:03:41)

Burial wrote:

We are in the topic because even if someone spares 2-3 headslots for ECCM it doesn't work nearly as good as it should.

Yes it does.

ECCM increases sensor strength by 75 for one, that is between 62-88% depending on bot.

8/15 jams on a yagel with no ECCM from a maxed out Cameleon Mk2?

Burial wrote:

And how good should it work then? 100% invulnerable to ECM with 2 ECCMs?

I think its fair to see a cameleon shouldn't be able to permajam a heavy even if the heavy doesn't have ECCM's.

I personally think that this is a problem with heavy and mech base sensor strength rather than ECM.

150 (edited by Duane Dibbley 2014-06-14 17:22:10)

Tonnik wrote:

I think its fair to see a cameleon shouldn't be able to permajam a heavy even if the heavy doesn't have ECCM's.

I personally think that this is a problem with heavy and mech base sensor strength rather than ECM.

Why?

I am now testing this on test server, with as best perfect timing of cycles, using a stop watch, I get about 23%, to me that is balanced if you want to pack damage in your heavy, use one ECCM and it is reduced to  about 58%, 2 ECCMs 70%  those are lock time v jammed out.

A Mech with 41% increase in sensor strength that lock time would be increased by that amount

ATM there is NO 100% permajam in that scenario, those that say there is, are lying.

Seth/2*T4 sensor amps V chameleon Mk2/4*T4 ECM/1*T4 sensor amps

Edited for bad maths xD