Re: Removing the Extention Spark teleport w/ 10 STPs given

An undock timer sounds like a good idea actually. In fact, the undock timer could be limited to pvp zones so as not irritate everyone on alpha.

+1
-Confucius

I'm just impressed that someone even had the sanity to bring the SpT threadnought back from the grave. fuuu

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Get rid of spark teleportation altogether.
The world is to small for SP´s.
It kills any aspects of pvp and the need to commit yourself on living on i.e. Beta/ Gamma.
Overhaul transport systems, i.e. fast lanes on Alpha´s, maybe teleporter layout as well on Alpha.
Frankly, spark tp is killing the game.

Remedy Inc. recruiting. Schliess dich uns an. Bewerbung und Guides unter: www.remedy-inc.de
#Bad Robot
#RSI Star Citizen: REMEDY

+1

Sparks teleports need removing completely.

The world will only be small until Gamma comes out.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

do you know something about the new gamma that we don't know, that makes you say that?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

do you know something about the new gamma that we don't know, that makes you say that?

From guy who does not know why we put sparks on Gamma. It's because Gamma will double number of islands and dilute usage of sparks

Still I think 3 spark points is max which should include home base.

Sparking to other games

Annihilator wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Yeah, I usually do.

CIR Complaint Form

We definitely need a lot more islands. I think more than  19 gamma islands. I am thinking of like 30 more islands. World is just so small when you teleport back and forth in seconds, then having 10 Spark Teleport Points would makes sense.

There are 24 Gamma islands.

There are 6 Beta islands.

There are 6 Alpha islands.

36 islands in total, 6 of them perfectly safe.

That is the game-world you should be thinking of, because that is reality. What we have right now, is just a temporary situation that will last only until the Developers figure out the Gamma mechanics. It is absurdly pointless, nevermind selfish and self-serving (not to mention borderline idiotic) to argue for changes based on a temporary situation with a finite duration.

Spark teleports were put in for a reason when Gamma was in-game as a quality of life improvement. That reason is as valid today as it was a year ago. Power projection needed to be addressed when it was 10 sparks = 10 terminals, it has been addressed so now there's only 2-3-4 terminals you can spark to.

CIR Complaint Form

Spark Teleport was implemented, because they f'cked up the teleport grid with gamma release, and the workload of implementing that feature, compared to drawing highways within the DEV client, and placing corresponding highway structures with propper terrain-blocking, was much smaller.

It was implemented because of Market orders have to be babysit with your spark sitting in that orders Terminal and a few guys trying to seed the alpha market with their products for the "welfare of the noobs" complained enought so they gave in. For that, the private Transport mission system was implemented alongside.

And when you say it was implemented for Gamma - then the IDEA of gamma islands was alread faulty to begin with. You are not supposed to be able to jump back and forth between your alpha, beta and gamma base to have easy and quick access to everything.
Even when you read the reasoning behind the current BETA Intrusion system, Spark teleporting contradicts the whole idea why it was revamped to begin with.

when was the last time you have actually walked from domhalarn to another PvP island where you wanted to attack? Even with gamma release, it wont change that you will set up a spark teleport destination next to your point of intrest and let someone of your minions haul your equip there.
The only different will be that you wont have spark destinations everywhere all the time, but still you will be able to leave your gamma base alone because you see it only as a production center, that you can teleport to in a few seconds there in case anyone  shows up on your gate-camper radar.

the one self-centered and borderline idotic and short sighted one seems to be someone else here.
Let alone the Sentence "the DEVs need to figure out how gamma works"  (present tense!) is so idiotic. You're projecting YOUR ideas there onto the DEVs, while THEY have to figure out how gamma has to be done so it works like THEY wanted it to be.

Just a hint - the original idea for gamma bases included that the whole island is plastered with mining towers and energy/commad highways to them from the base (seen in their concept). It was not meant to have mining towers beeing just put down like a field container, and powered via energy transfer, only connected wtih a few command towers that there temporary.

last but not least -
every game mechanic they implement that is purely within safe terminals with a boring one-coloered background, is poison to the game.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Bad idea. Spark teleports balanced quite good. Even my chars have no SPT skill lvl 10. 5-6 lvl is enough.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

38 (edited by Hunter 2014-06-09 09:24:49)

Bad idea. Spark teleports balanced quite good. Even my chars have no SPT skill lvl 10. 5-6 lvl is enough.

WTF my message been doubled?..

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Annihilator wrote:

bitter wannabe dev stuff

You don't play the game and you're not a developer.

Tell us more how you think the game should be lol

CIR Complaint Form

Syndic wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

bitter wannabe dev stuff

You don't play the game and you're not a developer.

Tell us more how you think the game should be lol

i am just repeating what the DEVs themself have written in their official blogs and forum posts over the time. And what do you mean with "i don't play the game" - i play it everyday.

youre not a developer either, so what makes your selfish opinion better then mine?

Mastablasta wrote:

We definitely need a lot more islands. I think more than  19 gamma islands. I am thinking of like 30 more islands. World is just so small when you teleport back and forth in seconds, then having 10 Spark Teleport Points would makes sense.

It doesn't feel small at all to me, especially on my low EP account that doesn't have 9/10 STP, even with autopilot, running across half a dozen islands is as tedious as it ever was.  It only "feels small" when you have gear in every station you can spark to and that takes a lot of logistics to set up and even then you have to travel around with beacons (standard/emergency/interzone) to get anything done most of the time.

I still say that the current system screws over low EP newbs the worst and that the extension should be removed and the same points given to everyone.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Join a Corp as a noob .. first thing they tell ya is to set your sparks in 4 or 5 places ... guess what ... u only have 2 points IF THAT in sparks because your care bear booty was on noobie island noobing it up with the Orange ratts and never needed them before ... so now ya gotta wait forever to hang and bang with a corp you joined because your waiting on EP for sparks to build and it make you look as if you don't participate but in all reality your just gimpy and cant roll with your crew because of lack of sparks fuuu im going to cry on my keyboard now .. i think i just depressed myself ... Anyone need a hug ? sad

Navigation Extension
Spark Teleport Extension

I see no difference between the two extensions and one was removed.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

Crepitus wrote:

... the current system screws over low EP newbs ...

New players need mobility.

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Race Drones wrote:
Crepitus wrote:

... the current system screws over low EP newbs ...

New players need mobility.

That's what I said.  We all do.  Not just vets.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!