1 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-05 05:35:07)

Topic: Rollback, exploits, June 4 patch

Opportunists are now Exploiting/taking advantage of the impossibly broken PvP / everything and taking SAPs, rewrinting Perp history as nothing is being done about the broken mechanics.

Who are the exploiters? The usual STC and friends

Shutdown until fixed,,,,

Rollback ,,,,

What in the world is going on in Hungary?

Each minute that goes by, the Perp timeline is changing in a way it would not have changed if this borked thing wasnt going on.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Re: Rollback, exploits, June 4 patch

10 people in GC

Why no answer from Devs?

The world is watching Zoom.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Sorry broski, if we can manage to rubberband our way to saps and complete them then too bad that you guys dont show up, we showed up to win or lose with the messed up game and so could you.  Not our fault you were lazy.

* '''New:''' Changed the method of how the movement of robots is calculated. It is much more dependent on server verification now, and it should help with robots getting accidentally stuck on top of mountains, jumping walls, etc.

The Movement is based on pathing after the fact and often in free movement, you use terrian and foilage to block on purpose. fishing around foilage, manual movement around slope barriers is impossible. This patch needs to roll back ASAP.

I was hooked on one of the L corner foilage while artifacting. I moved out 9 times in a direction being 150 away from the artifact and kept getting 5 closer or 2.5 closer. Eventually I started waiting for the server to catch up and I was rubberbanding back to the L shaped foilage blockade. I got out by autopathing to where I wanted to be,

tldr; I had to babysit the server through the path from and to. In a PvP situation this would defeat the entire purpose of terrain based PvP.

5 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-05 11:50:41)

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Asse … 096443.jpg

http://www.timba.com/artists/tje/images … in-web.jpg

Lucian Cain wrote:

Sorry broski, if we can manage to rubberband our way to saps and complete them then too bad that you guys dont show up, we showed up to win or lose with the messed up game and so could you.  Not our fault you were lazy.

6 (edited by Burial 2014-06-05 10:54:36)

Gunner, no excuses this time. lol

Odd, didn't get the impression the thing worked well enough on the test server, so was a bit surprised to see they put it in already. Still, you should've seen (the actual) exploits possible with the previous system.

Lucian Cain wrote:

lol only time STC can take saps & pvp is when there's no one around lol

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

EXPLOITS I TELL YOU!!!! EXPLOITS!!! roll

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Lucian Cain wrote:

lol only time STC can take saps & pvp is when there's no one around lol

I logged into TS, Stranger goes, like 75 in general chat.  I was like well time for STC to start hitting SAPs lolololol...

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Doek wrote:

Odd, didn't get the impression the thing worked well enough on the test server, so was a bit surprised to see they put it in already. Still, you should've seen (the actual) exploits possible with the previous system.

The simplest solution is to detect exploits, ban exploiters, patch holes.

Reinventing the wheel should be the last line of defense not the first.

We've already seen this with the 2-minute-log-off travesty, when apparently the most "logical" solution was to just make everyone disappear after 2 minutes no matter what. lol

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

EXPLOITS! Lets Ban everyone in game!

HAHA

Lucian Cain wrote:

EXPLOITS! Lets Ban everyone in game!

Once upon a time in a Galaxy far far away. There were DEVs that used to Ban or probate people that would abuse game mechanics. Then they lost 99% of their player Base & shat them selves & let the 1% do what every they liked.

wait am i talking about perpetuum now or the USA hmm

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

The usual suspects

16 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-05 15:58:10)

LOL...so the games finally inactive enough to provide the "zero competition pvp" STC craves?

Gunner just afk an arkhe at the station, they'll think its a trap and scatter back to alpha instead of risking having fun.

Far too predictable STC.  I was just thinking yesterday the games starting to get so inactive STC will come out and beat their chests about taking saps no one was on for ect...

This is exactly why the intrusion system needs to change.   This will stop the non-pvpers from hitting stations just to harass.  The point of saps shouldn't be that you can avoid pvp to take a station, taking a station should be guaranteed pvp instead.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

game restored to normal!!!!!!!!!!

\o/

Stranger Danger wrote:

LOL...so the games finally inactive enough to provide the "zero competition pvp" STC craves?

Gunner just afk an arkhe at the station, they'll think its a trap and scatter back to alpha instead of risking having fun.

Far too predictable STC.  I was just thinking yesterday the games starting to get so inactive STC will come out and beat their chests about taking saps no one was on for ect...

This is exactly why the intrusion system needs to change.   This will stop the non-pvpers from hitting stations just to harass.  The point of saps shouldn't be that you can avoid pvp to take a station, taking a station should be guaranteed pvp instead.

Umm yeah you must be bored at work, I didn't see any chest beating Broski, but keep twisting it if you want.  No rollback of the server because you guys couldn't play even though others managed too.  But Cry more, all your tears are so sweet smile     sound like little babies, "devs rollback the server we couldn't play"  "exploit exploit"  Your people cry more and submit more ticets than any other alliance, sad

P.S. Please keep crying, im collecting your tears

Exploit, Exploit!  HAHA!  QQ! Exploit!   no its called playing the game even when its messed up.  QQ! Exploit!

Lucian Cain wrote:

... rubbish ...

roll

Sparking to other games

In that case the insurance scam was legit. Because when the game is messed up and you profit, its not cheating! wink

Time to dupe some more stuff, because the game is broken, not us!

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Norrdec wrote:

In that case the insurance scam was legit. Because when the game is messed up and you profit, its not cheating! wink

Time to dupe some more stuff, because the game is broken, not us!

No they actually were able to make bots and equipment, we drove across Beta even though we were rubberbanding and still managed to do Specimen saps as well.  As I said above its called playing the game even though its messed up.  So what you guys are saying is everytime the server lags I should cry EXPLOIT!  and demand a rollback?  Haha Please continue to Cry me a river smile

It's fine the game works again, we'll see you tonight at the SAP. smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Lucian Cain wrote:

So what you guys are saying is everytime the server lags I should cry EXPLOIT!  and demand a rollback?  Haha Please continue to Cry me a river smile

Totally not like all the people that wanted to get their bots back? (excluding 2-3 people that actually crashed)

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

Syndic wrote:

It's fine the game works again, we'll see you tonight at the SAP. smile

No, they got better things to do. Where is the little icon for :smug:

Sparking to other games