1 (edited by Mrs Kontrapshun 2014-06-04 07:23:00)

Topic: First Impression after a couple weeks

Close

Re: First Impression after a couple weeks

Game needs more small scale PVP. fuuu

Burial wrote:

All the game has is small scale pvp......that's all there is right now...and its everywhere http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=list

the game needs large scale pvp....it has a lot and enough small scale skirmishes.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:
Burial wrote:

All the game has is small scale pvp......that's all there is right now...and its everywhere http://www.perp-kill.net/?m=list

the game needs large scale pvp....it has a lot and enough small scale skirmishes.

someone asking for more 1vs1 oppurtinities, a 20 + mech fight is NOT small scale

for someone in a 200 member corp, already controlling 2-3 mechs simultaniusly in each fight, a 20+ mech fight is just a duel.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

5 (edited by Mrs Kontrapshun 2014-06-04 07:22:12)

close

bad PvP

lol

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

I'm sorry to say that after reading your posts I truly believe you do not belong in this, or any other sandbox game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

8 (edited by Stranger Danger 2014-06-03 04:22:25)

Annihilator wrote:
Stranger Danger wrote:
Burial wrote:

someone asking for more 1vs1 oppurtinities, a 20 + mech fight is NOT small scale

for someone in a 200 member corp, already controlling 2-3 mechs simultaniusly in each fight, a 20+ mech fight is just a duel.

1v1...are you serious?  Just ask corp mates, create a tournament...whatever....

you think this game should be built around 1v1 pvp and you have been playing how long?

Make friends find 1v1 whatever.  Game needs more large scale pvp, and it needs the capacity to handle it.  It doesn't need more small scale pvp...that's all the games had the last couple of years and it bored most out.

im sorry 20 people isn't a blob when corps have 100+ people, don't blame us for playing with others while you sit ina 5 man dead corp and the other guy sits in a 8 man dead corp with 100 inactives....then cries blob every time they don't get the exact pvp they want.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

run far and fast from mwo - you are welcome.

10 (edited by Crepitus 2014-06-03 13:17:24)

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

Good PVP Games I've Played where I really had a good time.
1) MechWarrior Online = Although I just started and am bad at it, the PVP field is rally balanced and the crowd is really nice, no one is being mean to others or raging that I could see. You don't lose your mech when you die, so it means you just go back in the next round for more fun.

"Founder package" - Founding member from pre-open Beta here.  I quit playing because it became apparent they're (IGP and PGI) in it for a soulless nostalgic money grab and had no intention of listening to the community or delivering on promises from the kickstarter.

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

2) DC Universe Online = I lose more than I win, but I just go back to the station spawn and jump back out and fight some more. It's no big deal to play PVP and I can just log in and give it a try. I don't lose gear or my temper.

Another game I pre-ordered and regretted.  I played before it went F2P and it was missing a lot of content.  The voice work and what not was good and the main campaign for fighting joker was good but the rest was a half assed mess.  I haven't touched it since.

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

BAD PVP Games I've played. Where I can not enter.
1) EVE Online = Absolutely Terrible PVP entry. You HAVE to join a group or it's Russian Roulette.  The risk far outweighs the benefit in PVP. The game doesn't promote fair play, encourages bad behavior and requires far too much time to cover costs of one loss. Or you just have to fly cheap ships and hunt for cheap ships that are alone or unboosted. Which sort of negates the leveling process.
2) This game seems to have the exact replica of EVE regarding PVP, just a much smaller player base.

So, by your own definition, it seems that "Good" PvP games are the ones that do not have real loss or depth.  I only played EVE for a few months before quitting and I played Perpetuum first as my first full-loot PvP game and I think while a lot of mechanics are similar they're not the same and they don't feel or play the same.

Playing solo in either game is very difficult bordering on impossible (if you're playing for PvP that is), which is kind of sad because at least for Perp it wasn't always that way.  Neither of these games are casual like the F2P ones you've described as "Good".

I wish that it were easier to be able to just drop in and find a fight quickly and play a couple hours or less but that's not really the nature of the beast.  Both EVE and Perpetuum take a long *** time to set up to do anything useful in game which, in my opinion, also limits the player base (although this problem is somewhat less in Perp than in EVE).

It doesn't seem like you're really interested in full loot PvP sandboxes though.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Ms kuntrapshun plz just go play wow even wot would prob suit you. I was prob one of the biggest solo players here and I was also very successful at it in eve the problem is u just want arena plug in and play type of games. Sand box/open world mmos are marathons not sprints. I hear wildstar just released maybe give that a go.

We are playing chess and the rest of perp is playing checkers.   http://stringcan.com/wp-content/uploads … 80x305.jpg     
http://www.youtube.com/user/Alkore321/videos

If you want areana pvp and small scale pvp...make it happen....that has to be the easiest for of pvp to create in this game.  Make a tournament, create a pvp arena on alpha off in the wilderness and hold consensual fight clubs.

Its a sandbox.  The devs are not suppose to create this kind of content for you.  If you want it...make it happen.

You don't need to be out on beta 24/7 to have fulfilling gameplay.  You literally can have the game you want, just need to make it happen rather than complaining the devs didn't hard code it in.

People have forgotten this is a sandbox?

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

13 (edited by Mrs Kontrapshun 2014-06-04 07:25:55)

close...

great crowd for sure.

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

close...

great crowd for sure.

BYE

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

oh, yeah.
you guys are great representatives for the community of the game.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!

Mrs Kontrapshun wrote:

Close

Wow. Do you also burn books?

Annihilator wrote:

oh, yeah.
you guys are great representatives for the community of the game.

Read my post above.  I have quotes from the original before the purge.  I checked Google's cache and their copy is too early to get the rest.

It's really really simple: 

I like dark chocolate.  I eat dark chocolate and also read /post to the dark chocolate forums. 

You buy dark chocolate.  You decide you don't like it.  You come to the dark chocolate forums and say you much prefer milk chocolate, and further, that the dark chocolate should be changed to be more like milk chocolate. 

The people on the dark chocolate forums tell you should just eat milk chocolate then.  How are the dark chocolate lovers the problem?

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Just for posterity, not everyone who plays this game is incapable of respectfully disagreeing with someone.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

Just for posterity, not everyone who plays this game is incapable of respectfully disagreeing with someone.

Just 99% big_smile

Crepitus wrote:

The people on the dark chocolate forums tell you should just eat milk chocolate then.  How are the dark chocolate lovers the problem?

what you wrote there sounds like a mature response... but what i have read in this topic was a bunch of kids reacting to a immature feedback.

This game needs an upgrade !