Topic: Station vulnerability timers for owners

If the station is not contested then you are able to see the timer without having to scan it.  Just thinking it would be Quality of life type thing.  Sure you can scan it and all yourself, but still being able to see the timers by just checking the terminal would be simpler,  then, in the future, we could have a corp management tab where the timers for all controlled terminals/outposts.

Oh, by the way, You could also add a way to delay the terminal sap timer if need. It would be semi expensive , say 5 to 10 mil, to purchase of course, but it would allow you a better management for defenses.  This made sieges better in darkfall, because people could plan to to be there after the stones were set down even if it was early very early in the morning for certain time zones.

Re: Station vulnerability timers for owners

Someone suggested it but got shot down a while ago.

I would +1 the idea if it gives you timer when station is at       100

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

I don't see why a station at 100 couldn't just display its own sap time.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Might be interesting shake up in system if every SAP time was simply public knowledge for all. Perhaps ninja sap would not be so easy as you compete with the masses for loot. And if you're the owner, well, defend yourself.

Sparking to other games

ATTENTION      DEVS!

THE BEST IDEA I HAVE EVER HEARD in my life, FROM MASTA JUST NOW

******   Add 1 Intrustion Charge to the SAP loot for SAPs that are at 100   *****

Masta just won EVE

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Rage Blackout wrote:

ATTENTION      DEVS!

******   Add 1 Intrustion Charge to the SAP loot for SAPs that are at 100   *****

Masta just won EVE

+++++1

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

+1 so  excited couldnt type it out

SAP time displayed to corp members at 100, entire game at 0. Conveniece when you need it, PVP when you dont.

i would offer to implement feature "Buy protection token" for... ~50-100 mil NIC. Economic aspect should be present.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

11 (edited by Rex Amelius 2014-06-02 04:35:30)

Sparking to other games

Great idea Hunter. About our stations? See you in 2040.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

There are a lot of ways to balance it. I'm sure that no need to post all details here for trololoids like you. Smart people need only show direction.

The theory of mutual interests
Why the crybabies wins?
Где Ханя - там победа (с)
DEV Zoom: No need to speculate...

Smart people know that this would benefit only large corps with lots of money.

Rage Blackout wrote:

I would +1 the idea if it gives you timer when station is at       100

I would like it if when a station hit 100 the sap is reduced to every three days and you can pick your sap within those three days to defend. The balance to that would be reducing stability to 50 on a loss. This would be much more likely to generate a good fight. Right now it's hard to properly CTA as you only know half a day in advance and too gradual to require all or nothing fights.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Rage Blackout wrote:

ATTENTION      DEVS!

Masta just won EVE

+1

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

I really would much rather a proper siege system in game, no more need to baby sit timers.  Keep sap loot for the mini fights.  Do away with stability and 24/7 intrusions that don't draw a crowd.

Make taking a beta station a big deal. Make it a one shot deal.  Create a better system that doesn't cater to ninja taking stations.

I really think if the game could handle large fights better, a darkfall style siege system would take this game to the next level.

Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Aside from reworking the ownership swapping mechanics there is the ever present Incentives Issue. There needs to be better reasons to own it in the first place.   

How about a Gamma update Zoom

Sparking to other games

I am for a mixed system with small SAPs like we have now and possibility to do a big organized op that drops the stability by lets say 50 points aka siege. The details tho, are all around the in topics.