Re: ECM / EW tuners / Supressors / ECCM

DEV Alf wrote:

Also keep in mind that we don't talk about only fleet compositions, we have to take the funfactor of individual players into account.

you move in the right direction, if you think about it smile

Just @ Game

BandwagonX9000 wrote:

1. Just as expected. Lol
2. ECMs? When everyone and their mother knows it's suppressors the ones being OP? Lol.
3. "New" EW player utility vs 1 no skill required ECCM? Lol.
4. Not being able to shoot due to EW Bad? Not being able to shoot due to accu raping good? Lol.
5. Accu based mechs being able to mostly ignore accu drain instead? Lol.
6. Not being able to shoot bad. Not being able to move good? Lol.
7. Zenith+ECM+Tuner >> Vaga, unaddressed, unmentioned, and instead get changes in response to whining? Lol.
8. EW Mech+Boosted ECCM? Lol.
9. Proposals of moving ECM (ofc, not supressors) to 10s to 15s? Lol.
10. The idea that fitting an ECCM should make a max skilled EW platform a mere nuisance, idea apparently shared by the devs? Lol.

Whatever. Between this and the RMT thing it is clear you have no idea how the game works or are in the Spacebar FTW Club no matter the consequences down the line. It's also clear that whoever did the balancing previously was not you.

^^ +1

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

103 (edited by BandwagonX9000 2014-06-03 11:04:55)

Tux wrote:

Ictus energy warfare is limited by line of sight   
Long range demobs are limited by line of sight / short range demobs have a base range of ~ 200m with good skills.

And?

You are comparing two forms of EW that directly affect survibability, with two that can be safely cancelled by easily walking away and breaking lock? Not to mention the ictus bonus?

This has gone full Zortag. I'm done with this thread until people recover their senses and stop proposing stupid stuff after stupid stuff because this is going nowhere.

It's not notably about ECM or Suppressors IMO, it's about EW strength in general.

It's about ECM Tunings.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Race Drones wrote:
BandwagonX9000 wrote:

1. Just as expected. Lol
2. ECMs? When everyone and their mother knows it's suppressors the ones being OP? Lol.
3. "New" EW player utility vs 1 no skill required ECCM? Lol.
4. Not being able to shoot due to EW Bad? Not being able to shoot due to accu raping good? Lol.
5. Accu based mechs being able to mostly ignore accu drain instead? Lol.
6. Not being able to shoot bad. Not being able to move good? Lol.
7. Zenith+ECM+Tuner >> Vaga, unaddressed, unmentioned, and instead get changes in response to whining? Lol.
8. EW Mech+Boosted ECCM? Lol.
9. Proposals of moving ECM (ofc, not supressors) to 10s to 15s? Lol.
10. The idea that fitting an ECCM should make a max skilled EW platform a mere nuisance, idea apparently shared by the devs? Lol.

Whatever. Between this and the RMT thing it is clear you have no idea how the game works or are in the Spacebar FTW Club no matter the consequences down the line. It's also clear that whoever did the balancing previously was not you.

^^ +1

Mostly agree

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

107 (edited by Tux 2014-06-05 02:35:26)

BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Tux wrote:

Long range demobs are limited by line of sight / short range demobs have a base range of ~ 200m with good skills.

And?

You are comparing two forms of EW that directly affect survibability, with two that can be safely cancelled by easily walking away and breaking lock? Not to mention the ictus bonus?

This has gone full Zortag. I'm done with this thread until people recover their senses and stop proposing stupid stuff after stupid stuff because this is going nowhere.

with a properly fitted EW mech your walk would be over 1k to " be safely cancelled by easily walking away and breaking lock"

Their are NO drawbacks with the current way ECM and Suppression works and nothing like Armor plates / counter to demob or  reactor sealing counter to neutralization. ECCM is a joke and doesnt do enough to even start to counter  ECM .. sensor amps would need a tuner to come close to being a counter to suppression. 

for balance their needs counters to everything ... if there is no viable (effective) counter then the balance is gone .. simple as that.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Tux wrote:
BandwagonX9000 wrote:
Tux wrote:

And?

with a properly fitted EW mech your walk would be over 1k to " be safely cancelled by easily walking away and breaking lock"

Their are NO drawbacks with the current way ECM and Suppression works and nothing like Armor plates / counter to demob or  reactor sealing counter to neutralization. ECCM is a joke and doesnt do enough to even start to counter  ECM .. sensor amps would need a tuner to come close to being a counter to suppression. 

for balance their needs counters to everything ... if there is no viable (effective) counter then the balance is gone .. simple as that.

Tux, Real battles are fought between at 750.  Lock range on self amped ewar is 750.  RSAs make it 1100.  Like Bandwagon said, just back up...

I'm not trying to Troll you, but you personally haven't seen 20 on 20 battle in over a year.  Your trying to balance a vagabond against assaults

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Tux

Not my fault you all trained mesmers

Go away

110 (edited by Burial 2014-06-05 21:06:21)

Ville wrote:

I'm not trying to Troll you, but you personally haven't seen 20 on 20 battle in over a year.  Your trying to balance a vagabond against assaults

How much has changed exactly in the year that makes his opinion invalid?

Syndic wrote:

It's about ECM Tunings.

CIR Complaint Form

It's not only about ECM tunings.

and i thought it was about ballz of steel. 

any update on this on PTS? last time i logged onto it, the entropy / resist thingy was not up for testing.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Syndic wrote:

It's only about ECM Tunings.

CIR Complaint Form

Would just like to put this up here, A maxed skill (by his own admission) Cameleon Mk2 pilot getting 8/15 Jams on a Yagel.

http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/258870

How in the world can you say that it is overpowered.

Because logic was long lost on this thread and the only problem with EWARs:

Syndic wrote:

It's only about ECM Tunings.

is not being looked at and people do theorycrafting about 1vs1 encounters. Or don't play the game.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/258871

11/13 Maxed ewar pilot.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

There is another approach. Increase the base locking speed and range of all bots.  People have been complaining that sensor amps are a compulsory module for years.

As for an a buff being applied to bots for a few seconds after they are jammed, why not just make the jamming effect in itself a non-stacking debuff, seems like a simpler option.

+1
-Confucius

Kaldenines wrote:

There is another approach. Increase the base locking speed and range of all bots.  People have been complaining that sensor amps are a compulsory module for years.

As for an a buff being applied to bots for a few seconds after they are jammed, why not just make the jamming effect in itself a non-stacking debuff, seems like a simpler option.

Sensor Amps aren't required; Ive never run one on my most common bots and Ive been wildly successful. Let's stay on topic and talk about how the only fix needed is to ECM tunings.

120 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-10 13:40:54)

Dev Alf,

The ECCM skill applying to the ECCM module is fine.  The ECCM skill also apply to the bot and the eccm together is WAY too tipped in the unjammable direction.

Other very powerful things in the game are balanced with ECM, if ECM is much less effective, other very nasty things will become the new ECM

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Remove ECCM and ECM Tunings and all will be well in the world

Tund Bungler wrote:
Kaldenines wrote:

Sensor Amps aren't required; Ive never run one on my most common bots and Ive been wildly successful. Let's stay on topic and talk about how the only fix needed is to ECM tunings.

Got RSA much? Lol. Sensor amps aren't mandatory but having another account with RSAs is, amirite?

Gunner wrote:

Tux

Not my fault you all trained mesmers

Go away

Gunner, we've been running ewars and not Mesmers for over a year.

Go away.

Or at least try making a point in less than 10 posts.

Try playing.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

125 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-10 14:56:27)

anyways, for those of us who havent given up

ECM nerf isnt too too bad

push it through  tongue

false sense of security that also costs you EP