Re: RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT

hopefully, ICE will never make a comeback again.

do you really think it will have such a huge effect on the game when someone could buy a module for a dollar? could make someone doing PvP poor very fast.

Diablo items don't perma-break afaik - i remember the huge ruckus when firefall made items break un-avoidable. Now perp items are lost after a single robot-death...

The Wrath of the noobs that didn't realise that and lose their pay2win equip to the first npcs is something i wouldn't want to face with only DEV Zoom on support tickets and no experienced lawyer for international stuff.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

There's no sub ......

Curblugeon wrote:

if you are going the pay 2 win then please say so when so I can drop the game.
If someone can come in and purchase whatever they want using money it devalues the player and their in game

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

78 (edited by Celebro 2014-06-02 18:32:08)

Syndic wrote:
Eclipse Jonez wrote:

Yeah, but that currency is linked to your Steam account, not exactly 'real money'.

I personally don't like the idea of money being involved into the game, but devs seem like they need to make money else where, and EVE online gets media because 'such n such' is worth so much money.

Steam money is "real money". There's plenty of sites where you can convert it into real currency in your paypal.

I really did not know that was the case, if it can be turned back to real money, then I am not sure what the Devs are smoking.

RIP PERPETUUM

Rage Blackout wrote:

There's no sub ......

Curblugeon wrote:

if you are going the pay 2 win then please say so when so I can drop the game.
If someone can come in and purchase whatever they want using money it devalues the player and their in game

of course there is - it is the increased EP benefit and the ability to downgrade + name change.
Just because some dont use it doesnt mean it doesnt exist.

Pls no. The fact that ICE is no longer required is great, don't replace it with something worse. Vanity item cash shop would seem by far the best way to further monetise the game without affecting gameplay and as can be seen from other games, vanity items can be big business done correctly.

Twiz wrote:

I want an ictus with a monocle and a top hat please!

PRICELESS !!!!!

I want a Vagabond with 2 wooden legs and a bubble gun and a panda bear back pack for extra cargo space and a Spider Mount that can climb 60 degree slopes !!! .. I WIN !

Ok Real talk ... do this .. "" Keep RL cash and in game cash totaly apart from each other"" ( no matter how many steps between )  ... any variation of this WILL jack up the game economy ..... Find another way to generate cash Cash for your game .. i have seen alot of Ideas on this already.  If you destroy your game with RL cash you will not recover and your long term goals for the game will be lost. Slow down and think about it .. PLAYERS = MONEY ... focus on doing things to get more players .. not on getting more out of the players you have ... ( GO WIDE not DEEP ) ... and im most likely the Stupidest DERP on here and i can Clearly see that ...

well, the possibilities for cosmetical stuff are very limited without going removing any sense of immersion from the game, and adding bunny hats and all the other idotic stuff you don't want to see in a mech game.

with the one-time pay model, the only alternative for DEV income aside of endless noob stream and relative low impact, non cummulative "booster packs" - are expansions you have to pay for.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I have a feeling that doing most of the cosmetics things except maybe the paint are going to be difficult for them to implement because of the way the code is or we'd have it already.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Bingo ... CONTENT is KING ... ( pay to split characters on same account into diffrent EP pools insted of having to keep buying accounts ... ) ... Pay for new mech packs  . 1 pay unlocks new Island for an account .. do more Steam specials .. every 3 months do FREE trial accounts that can unlock up to a certain class of mech only hold so much NiC and not trade .. or only alpha islands . and as people become addicted to the game they will pay for a real account and get all the content..... hell .... just something .. All you Min Max  people can figure out something down that line of thought .. and if you want to say NO THAT WONT WORK .. then make sure you add input of what would work or your just blowing hot air on my jumblies ! .. stinkin internet people ... pisssshhhh

HOLD ON let me say this One more time .. for the people who forgot to move the eye patch off the good eye ....

every time Anyone post on here what wont work make sure you add information on what you think might work .. if we add all the brain power of the "water sacks" together maybe we can figure out how NOT to jack up this game ..

Devs listen to the community or i will dip my feet in HOT LAVA just to prove a point .. ! .. u have been warned !

Crepitus wrote:

I have a feeling that doing most of the cosmetics things except maybe the paint are going to be difficult for them to implement because of the way the code is or we'd have it already.

I think they should try and capitalize more on the EP aspect. As long as there's no players buying NIC and then also having the ability to get EP rapidly, I don't see it being a problem.

I detect a lot of hyperbole and ignorance.

In my experience, RMT, done right, has only ever been beneficial to games.  Eve online is the only mmo to ever continually grow every year since release, the trading system is part of that reason and should be embraced.

As for D3, since trading has been removed, people say 'its better'  but actually, evidence is that people just dont play it for nearly as long, rifting gets very boring, very quick.  I literally played nothing else for a year but d3v.  Ros lasted me 3 weeks.  But thats okay for 'pay once' games, its not okay for mmo's who's very existence utterly depends on player numbers.

I say, do anything you can to increase numbers and popularity.  Both Eve and D3 shows proof that any trading system that doesnt work can simply be removed, reworked, or improved later.

Mmmmm. D3

I just joined with the Steam Early Access release and I was on EVE during the Monocle Riots.

With that knowledge let me say one thing; Allowing players to sell in-game items for money, even if they are player created, will destroy your economy and eventually the game.

You guys can add a lot to the Cash shop such as paint and logo customization for robots. You could also add special weapon skins/effects, perhaps premium head models so that people can change how a bot looks without making it entirely unrecognizable for what it is. Allow people to pay a small sub sort of like the bonus EP sub but to allow them to train 2 separate characters on a single account. I don't multi-box so 2 accounts sounds like a hassle but I may be tempted to train 2 characters with different skillsets on my single account. There are good ways to make money that don't involve pissing off the vast majority of your playerbase and I'm glad to see earlier in the thread you've already acknowledged that. Please keep the players informed of your plans and ask our opinions. We want to help and we want you guys to succeed!

As I said before.  A game should never...ever...muddy the waters of gameplay by offering things that would otherwise be acquired via playing the game with bypassing playing for paying.

You ruin motivations to play when you offer the ability to buy those items with real cash.

People would run bots 24/7 sink the price then it would be a matter of forking over $5 for a stack of 100 bots.  Now you would have to actually play the game to acquire that.

This is why this idea is awful.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

It would be as bad as selli... I mean gifting accounts.

So just to clear up the air, in case anyone is wondering: This idea has been shelved for the time being.

[14:15:15] <Freya Sabbat> ...Dear god, the Devs are as bad as us

93 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-06-06 17:02:25)

we just want cosmetic stuff

Look at Dota 2

Look at Path of Exile

Look at stuff

People buy the silliest stuff, use your imagination.

Alternate models of bots

stuff like that, not better or worse just cosmetic

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

DEV Gargaj wrote:

So just to clear up the air, in case anyone is wondering: This idea has been shelved for the time being.

You were always my favorite.

hey FYI we were just kidding

farming for games....do it..please

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Yes please!!!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

This thread was misguided.  I really want Steam games.

ugh

this thread was biggest mistake ive made

have seen the light

I want steam games too

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

I HATE YOU RAGE BLACKOUT, DAMN YOU RUINING IT!  I XCOULD HAVE HAD STEAM GAMES AND TYIOU *** IT UYPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!