Topic: LAG - The worst it's EVER BEEN

Do something quick.  Steam players are leaving because of it.  It was fine all day for me and the last 2 hours it's gotten progressively worse until it's literally unplayable (3 seconds of movement every ~60-75 seconds).

Whatever your Amsterdam plans are you need to speed them up dramatically.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: LAG - The worst it's EVER BEEN

You revived your game and got a large influx of cash. Reinvest that *** or you are going to be back to ramen faster than you think. If you aren't staying up all day and night to get us some sort of playable environment you can count on the steam community moving on to another title in their library quickly...

Best PvP since 2011 is trying to go on but the lag is ruining it...

3 (edited by Gremrod 2014-06-01 03:01:12)

I am sure they are fast tracking the move now. smile

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

It's spiked Lag. Everything will be fine then there will be a spike. I ususally run 150/160 ms and when it spikes it goes to 12,000 for a half a minute, then levels off around 3000/ms. Stays there for a minute or two and goes back to 150/ 160.

It's a never ending reset effect and when it happens you are pretty much screwed. You can't play.

During a long fight on norhoop I literally couldn't navigate faster than 30kph without autorun (where I glitch across the map and rubberband back) and couldn't get modules to activate with less than 5 second delay. Said I only had 300ms latency but it was so messed up beyond description.

Please fix, a ton of people in my corp a long don't want to risk PvP if they don't have full control or even most of the control over their bots.

Just FYI you could switch your server hosting over to a virtual private server with scalable spot capable hardware in a matter of an hour.

Rent rack time.  Upload and install server platform software through terminal.  Prepare game update to point clients to new server.  Push update, clients connect to brand spanking new state of the art economical server platform, old server goes in bin.

You're welcome.

Slipfeed wrote:

Just FYI you could switch your server hosting over to a virtual private server with scalable spot capable hardware in a matter of an hour.

Rent rack time.  Upload and install server platform software through terminal.  Prepare game update to point clients to new server.  Push update, clients connect to brand spanking new state of the art economical server platform, old server goes in bin.

You're welcome.

Would be awesome but likely more expensive than what they have currently.

This isn't a matter of hardware capacity, this is a bug.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This isn't a matter of hardware capacity, this is a bug.

so, you can't fix it then ?

sad

The restart fixed it for now it seems, we'll have a proper patch in a few days probably.

Just had another lag-spike, huge teleport/dock delay moving stuff around storage takes forever, etc

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

Just had another lag-spike, huge teleport/dock delay moving stuff around storage takes forever, etc

Smells like dying hardware or someone made a ninja 'fix' and it broke everything.

i think i should start repairing and recycling those thousands of damaged items in my corp storage again...
love how those non-stackable things that you get in masses in PvE make your storage interface so sloooooow.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Annihilator wrote:

i think i should start repairing and recycling those thousands of damaged items in my corp storage again...
love how those non-stackable things that you get in masses in PvE make your storage interface so sloooooow.

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."