1 (edited by Rage Blackout 2014-05-29 16:02:20)

Topic: RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT

"The ultimate goal however is that we’ll also hook up Perpetuum to the Steam community market, where you’ll be able to sell and buy ingame items for Steam wallet funds. We’re approaching this very carefully of course - it could be a large boost to the ingame economy, but things could also go wrong with it."

http://blog.perpetuum-online.com/posts/ … -may-2014/

For the record, ICE isnt RMT because its traded for currency that people earn in game.

Devs -

Correct me if I am wrong.

I want Devs to have $$$ but for *** sake do the proper Cosmetic Cash Shop   grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Monoclegeddon??

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Re: RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT - RMT ALERT

Wow just wow PAY TO WIN  DERP

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

I want an ictus with a monocle and a top hat please!

4 (edited by Crepitus 2014-05-29 16:31:03)

I would *MUCH* rather see AC make Perp its own cash shop rather than rely on Steam.  None of my accounts are tied to Steam and none of them ever will be. 

I like launching multiple clients from the folders I put them in without Steam's overlay or inability to login or whatever other bullshit is the flavor of the week.

My Steam account is more than 10 years old and I have almost 300 titles.  I have learned not to ever buy/play MMOs on it.

EDIT: The way I read the blog isn't that they will be adding their own stuff for sale but that you could sell your own.  I don't understand why ICE went away in the first place nor why it hasn't come back.  That also keeps all the money in AC's hands.  I don't know, but I'm guessing Steam gets a cut the other way.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

How dare you even come up with this?

Be ashamed of yourselves.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

6 (edited by Burial 2014-05-29 16:51:48)

God no. Do NOT mix real and play cashmoney.

nah don't put stuff on steam wallet UNLESS its perp credits, deco stuff or cash shop items (like paint jobs or whatever)

DO NOT allow for RMT trading of usable combat items.

Also I don't want *** to see my inventory via steam because my entire account inventory is on steam.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

This is going to backfire so horribly. Don't go NEAR endorsed trading of in-game items (modules, bots, minerals, etc) for actual cash. This would make Perpetuum a "Pay2Win" game instantly and it'd piss a lot of people off/stop them from joining in the first place. The bad publicity this is going to garner won't be worth it, i reckon.

Try to come up with other creative stuff that you can sell. Paint, slots for characters on the same account, other visual improvements (top hat!), etc. What's been getting lots of publicity recently is stuff that relies on social interaction within the community. What if, for examples, players could purchase an item that shot of fireworks in the area and spawned a crate with goodies (nothing much) that's well masked and people (excluding the buyer) could hunt for. Only triggerable on alpha. I don't know, come up with fun stuff that we as community enjoy and there will be more money flowing into your pockets. Make stuff pay to win, and a portion of players will leave.

After deliberate contemplation, I recommend that you publically announce which developer came up with this idea as I'm sure there are people very interested in whose brainchild this is.

CIR Complaint Form

COSMETICS ONLY

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

Pay2Win?

C'mon! I know it helps people who spend more time PvPing then being bears like myself, but perp and pay2win just don't go together.

Reading this signature fills you with determination.

Ok maybe we should have been more exact with the wording there.

This is NOT a cash shop.

You would only be able to trade existing items, that have been created in the game. You wouldn't be able to buy a robot for money that's just created out of thin air. This is merely the extension of the ingame economy to the Steam community market.

ICE good.

Above bad.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is NOT a cash shop.

You would only be able to trade existing items, that have been created in the game. You wouldn't be able to buy a robot for money that's just created out of thin air. This is merely the extension of the ingame economy to the Steam community market.

What could be ok would be trading perp items for perp items via steam. What would not be ok would be trading perp items for either money or stuff from other games as that would be pay to win. In regards to that ... do you remember how much people loved the auction house in diablo 3 and how well that worked out for them? Me neither.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is NOT a cash shop.

It just cleverly masks it, nothing else. On one hand you have player who manufactures and sells Gropho MK2s to buy next Half-Life but on the other hand you still have some newbie who hands out the $ and gets NIC in-game.

DEV Zoom wrote:

This is NOT a cash shop.

ABORT! ABORT! ABORT!

An in-game cash shop with cosmetic items (paint) and other fun things. Not selling my Gropho Mk2 for £0.16 on steam. Please god no. Lower the entry price and improve the cash shop!

Why would anyone want to risk stuff in PVP now? They're no longer pixels, they're potentially very valuable pixels that can be RMT-ed.

Why would anyone want to sell stuff on the in-game market now? NIC is nothing, $$$ is the next game they can buy.

You just climbed out of the dead-game pit and now you're trying really hard to kill your own game again. Blind greed, sad and pathetic.

CIR Complaint Form

I'm not saying we don't listen to reason, but how exactly is this different compared to ICE?

In the past you bought ICE for real money, then you sold it on the market for hundreds of millions of NIC, then you bought robots etc. from other players.

With this system you would do the same thing, only without the ICE and NIC intermediaries.

DEV Zoom wrote:

I'm not saying we don't listen to reason, but how exactly is this different compared to ICE?

In the past you bought ICE for real money, then you sold it on the market for hundreds of millions of NIC, then you bought robots etc. from other players.

With this system you would do the same thing, only without the ICE and NIC intermediaries.

Exactly right, that what I was thinking about, as long as robots/items don't come up out of thin air, I am all good with this idea.

RIP PERPETUUM

If you dont want to listen to us, listen to all the people who broke your server a few years back - the eve refuges afraid of the RMT and monocles in eve.

<GargajCNS> we maim to please

DEV Zoom wrote:

ICE/Plex... All bad ideas......

Anytime you use RL cash to buy advantage it is a bad thing.....

The main problem is someone breaks out the ole visa card and buys the best of all equipment and gains an advantage over every other player at his same EP/experience level...... Meanwhile the regular guys are sitting around grinding out their gear and kernels getting crapped on by the visa players who are not putting the slightest of efforts into the game.

RMT cheapens the game experience for majority of players who log in every day to work towards a goal.... Working towards a goal is what a sandbox is about.......

I for one will not play this game should it become an RMT fest.....

Inappropriate signature.

Norrdec wrote:

If you dont want to listen to us, listen to all the people who broke your server a few years back - the eve refuges afraid of the RMT and monocles in eve.

Now THAT was a cash shop.

DEV Zoom wrote:

CAVEAT: I shouldn't have to be explaining this

I could buy ICE and either sell it for NIC or apply it to my own subscription. I couldn't turn around and sell the ICE or the stuff I buy with NIC for more $$$.

Putting player-manufactured items on the Steam market creates NOTHING for the game or put real money into your pocket, you merely create a legitimate reason for people to farm NIC/produce XZY and sell it for $$$. In completely destroys the in-game economy (why would I sell for NIC when I can sell for $$$?) and demolishes any incentive to PVP (hey I could have sold this for $$$ and bought Tropico 5).

Put this in and you legitimize gold-farmers, destroy the in-game economy, and generally screw everything up for everyone who wants to have fun in this game.

What puts real money into your pocket is doing what everyone and their mother has been telling you for 4 years on these forums;
- add cosmetic stuff,
- more features,
- more PVE,
- more content,
- more bots,
- more stuff that gives a critical mass of people reasons to spend 10$ for the convenience of having boosters for their accounts and buy more and more and more stuff.

CIR Complaint Form

DEV Zoom wrote:

I Think this is a wonderful Idea. We should also allow for a CASH OUT paypal account.  I wouldn't mine playing a few extra hours for some hard earned $ in my paypal account.

This is the great Idea ever!  Way to go Devs!

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

The only solid argument for ICE used to be that then people could play for free. Servers being as empty as they were, that sounded pretty appealing to people.