Re: We need more Betas and Land mass.

Burial wrote:

Perpetuum is set up to fail again. The devs are working on Gamma while the game crawls on with atrocious soul crushing imbalances.

We are still relying too heavily on Spark Teleportation. Like Tux said it's a relic from the Gamma times that was a band-aid from the start for remote trading and asset management. Betas are still worth less than what it takes to capture them and devs are still doing stupid and knee-jerk changes without any forethought.

Any idiot with a calculator can notice the PVP attrition we currently have. Around 500 concurrent players and only a handful of kills outside Norhoop.

Nom Nom Nom...  Dem tears da best kind.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

27 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-21 22:32:21)

Burial wrote:

Perpetuum is set up to fail again. The devs are working on Gamma while the game crawls on with atrocious soul crushing imbalances.

We are still relying too heavily on Spark Teleportation. Like Tux said it's a relic from the Gamma times that was a band-aid from the start for remote trading and asset management. Betas are still worth less than what it takes to capture them and devs are still doing stupid and knee-jerk changes without any forethought.

Any idiot with a calculator can notice the PVP attrition we currently have. Around 500 concurrent players and only a handful of kills outside Norhoop.

There is plenty of PVP to be had outside of Norhoop. For example, if you jump into Novastrov or Domhalarn usual result is instant PVP. Nobody stops you from coming in, we always encourage people to come shoot at us on our island.

Spark teleportation will be sufficiently curbed when Gamma is released. Although Devs should take note that when it was 10 sparks = 10 outposts and we weren't around to adjust your attitude, you were bleating a very different song about power projection being a myth. Ville, pull some nice quotes please I can't be arsed looking for the right topic.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

28 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-21 22:35:52)

Tux wrote:

12 more Alpha II's One terminal on each island (maybe some with no faction affiliation)
Add 24 Beta 3 (pvp islands with no terminals but has colix and epriton)
36 Gamma

And keep spark teleport in the game with the expanded island numbers .. but under the current island network its not sustainable. This is why I lol because i have been saying since before Gamma that we needed 60 + islands for corps to be able to thrive long term.

You're hardly the only one saying we need more islands. I think islands should expand before population growth, not after. I think ODDS are population would grow faster with lots of space to cozy into. Plus it COULD be the buffer all the new EP players need so they are not FORCED to compete with vets.

And if it happen I'm sure even STC will find a home. But I'll bet your minions will cry victory if you ever find a home withing 50 plus islands.  "see we have a Home nah nah nah nah nah" " you said you would stop us and you didn't nah nah nah nah nah"

Are Devs adding 50 islands in June?

Add more Beta but make it so you have to hold an outpost to mine Epriton.

lol lol lol

CIR Complaint Form

30 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-21 22:41:39)

Burial wrote:

any idiot with a calculator can notice the PVP

lol

Oh my Spreadsheets, why hath thou abandoned me?

31 (edited by Burial 2014-05-21 22:57:41)

Syndic wrote:

There is plenty of PVP to be had outside of Norhoop. For example, if you jump into Novastrov or Domhalarn usual result is instant PVP. Nobody stops you from coming in, we always encourage people to come shoot at us on our island.

Everything was going fine PVP wise after the wipe and looked like devs were making the right decisions.

Along comes the Teleport Beacon change. What the *** were they smoking? They just removed the only exit from PVP to fix unrelated problem. Before the change it was possible to try and catch enemy offtimes and off-guard as an underdog without every engagement costing the entire fleet. Bare in mind that I'm not criticizing here how you play the game and you probably wouldn't even care if I did. I'm just really stumbled by the devs inability to graps what they are doing.

Syndic wrote:

Although Devs should take note that when it was 10 sparks = 10 outposts and we weren't around to adjust your attitude, you were bleating a very different song about power projection being a myth. Ville, pull some nice quotes please I can't be arsed looking for the right topic.

Here's what I said about it:

Burial wrote:

The issue here is not that people can use spark teleportation too many times per day but the fact that with spark teleportation, you get very fast response times to almost any outposts. That has been mentioned many times on these forums. By adding a cool-down, you are not solving that issue. The game will just be more annoying when you know you might be stuck in that outpost for however long the cooldown is.

Burial wrote:

Everything was going fine PVP wise and looked like devs were making the right decisions.  Along comes the Teleport Beacon change. What the *** were they smoking? They just removed the only exit from PVP to fix unrelated problem.

LOL! No consequence PVPzors!

24 Gammas should do nicely

34 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-21 22:57:28)

Burial wrote:
Syndic wrote:

Everything was going fine PVP wise back in 2013 when we were blue with 80% of the server and the 20% could not counter our 10 man Full-Tuner Mesmer Mk2 fleets.

Thank the Spreadsheet god that June is coming.

Yup, instant PvP for anyone who drops on to Nova, Dom stuff

36 (edited by Burial 2014-05-21 23:19:30)

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Everything was going fine PVP wise and looked like devs were making the right decisions.  Along comes the Teleport Beacon change. What the *** were they smoking? They just removed the only exit from PVP to fix unrelated problem.

Yes, just look at all the PVP you're having. Everything must be working well. roll

37 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-21 23:30:12)

22nd of May

77 - 290 kills
CIR - 259 kills
JOKE - 207 kills

Consult your spreadsheet god and help us discover if our pvp is 10 kills a day on average. smile

And thats with you ~outlasting~ and with us completely ignoring Norhoop. lol

TL;DR

Nobody has a problem with teleports now except you.

Maybe time to play the game instead of profit margin spreadsheets. lol

CIR Complaint Form

Just curious how many of those kills are in your own alliance?  Just wondering:D

Burial wrote:
Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:

Yes, just look at all the PVP you're having. Everything must be working well. roll

Dude we see more kills daily now than, All month most of the 2013 year.

And when its not pvp hot dropping its mining EPI while play other games, Minecraft in particular wink 

Buy to play is awesome!

Just yesterday or the day before:

http://www.perp-kill.net/related/257881

Ville wrote:
Burial wrote:
Ville wrote:

Dude we see more kills daily now than, All month most of the 2013 year.

And when its not pvp hot dropping its mining EPI while play other games, Minecraft in particular wink 

Buy to play is awesome!

Titanfall ftw. smile

To small.... What did you smoke, you guys need even more outposts?

43 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-25 17:40:13)

Shadeless wrote:

To small.... What did you smoke, you guys need even more outposts?

Just the opposite. With more Islands and space there is more opportunity for other entities to use and control Betas. With so few islands AND spark TP it's too easy for the dominating force to control it all. Many of us have been arguing this same point in both political  positions: owning nothing and owning everything.

More space also means more opportunity for multiple power blocks to form. A two powerblock game is boring.

I like the idea of three beta islands per faction and taking away one gamma island per faction when it is released. A little more space is needed so it can't all be controlled by a group with spark Tele at 10. That should be a way to quickly defend a home base, get to a single frontline base, and a spark tele back to alpha. Not a spark on half the beta islands so that all three areas can be controlled. Islands need to require an active player base patrolling it to truly make it safe.

Don't bring back as many gamma islands as you had before, just take a couple gamma away and turn them into betas. A sort of soft release so you can take small steps and as the player base increases you can add islands back

45 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-25 19:16:33)

Gwyndor wrote:

Don't bring back as many gamma islands as you had before, just take a couple gamma away and turn them into betas. A sort of soft release so you can take small steps and as the player base increases you can add islands back

Gwyndor wrote:

Add a few more gammas so they can't all be reached within 8 minutes and then I would be down to do pve with current mechanics but some added value to the spawns would definitely persuade some of my mates to go after it while the pvpers are out patrolling

hmm

Two post s in two threads today. Perhaps clarify/elaborate.

Can't see any reason to decrease anything. Add or leave same.

More landmass, would just mean more empty space.. islands are allready very empty. Only/just increasing landmass won't fix anything.

What would keep you for taking the other outposts (no i am not trolling), is/would it be different to what it is now? When i played in the past, you had alpha and beta.. alpha was crap so every1 hang around at beta or tried to.. Till some1/things changed that.

Take away sparks or limit them greatly would be a better step, of course alot of replacement for that spark loss needs to be made. e.g remote asset management, good highways, and perhaps homebase spark.

But also the Incentive to be on beta's should be increased greatly (i don't count gamma atm as they are not there). E.g for my miner beta is great, a 2 loads in whatever mk1 bot throw away fit i use and i got 2 of those bots covered allready.

But for my pve/wannabee pvp guy there is not much to do except waiting till something happens. Now i can use my other characters to do stuff, but allthough many have multiple accounts not every1 has. The developers stated that the game shouldn't be about multiboxing... But beta is not rewarding enough compared to the stuff people can do in safety on alpha.

I do not say nerf alpha, as the pve people in the game must have there fun to, but i say beta and later on alpha must be rewarding enough to the taken risk. Create hotspots, saps work great but maybe create something that doesn't need to be scanned.

But to spread activity over even more islands would just mean people will even have a harder time to find pvp. And it's not like it's realy crowded on beta's anyways... or are they?

47 (edited by Kaldenines 2014-05-26 00:50:27)

Shadeless wrote:

More landmass, would just mean more empty space.. islands are allready very empty. Only/just increasing landmass won't fix anything.

They are not all empty
http://sequer.nl/killboard/?a=heatmap

Just playing devil's advocate here but by that logic we should remove all the betas except Norhoop

The current beta layout is horrible to be honest.  It's like the beta islands are dead-ends just tacked on to alpha-2s as an afterthought.  I know this is kind of a side-effect of gammas being removed but it would be nice to have more beta islands to roam around anyway, even with gamma in place.

+1
-Confucius

48 (edited by Burial 2014-05-26 02:30:53)

Shadeless wrote:

What would keep you for taking the other outposts (no i am not trolling), is/would it be different to what it is now? When i played in the past, you had alpha and beta.. alpha was crap so every1 hang around at beta or tried to.. Till some1/things changed that.

Take away sparks or limit them greatly would be a better step, of course alot of replacement for that spark loss needs to be made. e.g remote asset management, good highways, and perhaps homebase spark.

But also the Incentive to be on beta's should be increased greatly (i don't count gamma atm as they are not there). E.g for my miner beta is great, a 2 loads in whatever mk1 bot throw away fit i use and i got 2 of those bots covered allready.

But for my pve/wannabee pvp guy there is not much to do except waiting till something happens. Now i can use my other characters to do stuff, but allthough many have multiple accounts not every1 has. The developers stated that the game shouldn't be about multiboxing... But beta is not rewarding enough compared to the stuff people can do in safety on alpha.

I do not say nerf alpha, as the pve people in the game must have there fun to, but i say beta and later on alpha must be rewarding enough to the taken risk. Create hotspots, saps work great but maybe create something that doesn't need to be scanned.

But to spread activity over even more islands would just mean people will even have a harder time to find pvp. And it's not like it's realy crowded on beta's anyways... or are they?

+++

You get it! To add more fuel to the fire then Gammas are more or less like Betas content wise. Not much else to do than set up production jobs and farm beacons/noralgis.

Source: Living on Gamma for almost 2 years.

Burial and Shadeless. Incentive issue is pretty old and of course needs addressing.

But even if incentive was stronger to live on Beta/Gamma then current Power Projection Issue would only be worse. Yes that again.

Islands may be empty but then everyone knows a dominating force can be up your *** in less than 10 minutes anywhere. Smaller entities need a buffer to grow.

Burial, I thought you were for more islands.

Lol I didn't mean to say that there were too many gammas and then that I wanted more gammas.

My stance is to want more beta islands instead of more gamma. Keep the same number of total islands but change some of the gammas into beta and release those before you finish the gamma update. The reason I don't spend more time on other beta islands is it doesng take long at all for a group to respond to my presence. If the powerblocks can't reach it all then other players will fill in the gaps. When others fill in the gaps and want more room the borders will be the hot zone where the spark network ends.