Re: Gamma Wipe ~ Completion

In the current iteration on the test server, I would build a base simply for the benefits to prototyping/production/recycling.

Why wouldn't you?

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

Not every one will want to do that. If you wish to not commit to Gamma then so be it.

It's not like he is going to be living there regardless..

No one will be living on gamma with the current BS that is on the TEST SERVER ...

I understand your anger with us ... I really do but if you want even a glimpse of a chance at revenge you should be advocating for gamma to be worth something that is sustainable, rewarding and worth the time. other wise you will just toil away in rage. The only Group of people taking that away from you is the devs because as the ONLY Corp that Survived Gamma from start to finish STC is a Gamma Corporation we have been from Gammas inception.

But as I will keep saying no one will take the time and effort to live on a gamma that is not worth living on.

Think about it.

I don't care if you live on Alpha, for as long as I am active in this game.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ville wrote:
Tux wrote:
Ville wrote:

No one will be living on gamma with the current BS that is on the TEST SERVER ...

I understand your anger with us ... I really do but if you want even a glimpse of a chance at revenge you should be advocating for gamma to be worth something that is sustainable, rewarding and worth the time. other wise you will just toil away in rage. The only Group of people taking that away from you is the devs because as the ONLY Corp that Survived Gamma from start to finish STC is a Gamma Corporation we have been from Gammas inception.

But as I will keep saying no one will take the time and effort to live on a gamma that is not worth living on.

Think about it.

Well Ville, for as long as you've played the game I have lived where I wanted to. And you haven't. I don't expect things to change, either.

As far as what is currently on the test server, you will not be able to have defendable production facilities. Or you will not be able to have the production facilities in one place, leaving you extremely vulnerable with the logistics between bases. Good luck regardless. How Gamma 2.0 mechanics actually work will decide whether STC returns to Gamma, not yet more hollow and empty promises from players who had the opportunity but never could follow thru in the past.

Ville wrote:

It's not that any corp is really "living" anywhere but alpha2 islands either, right?

With spark teleportation, unlimited storage space everywhere, unlimited access to NPC faction terminals -
can you actually say that your ingame character is living anywhere specific?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:
Tux wrote:

Think about it.

Well Ville, for as long as you've played the game I have lived where I wanted to. And you haven't. I don't expect things to change, either.

As far as what is currently on the test server, you will not be able to have defendable production facilities. Or you will not be able to have the production facilities in one place, leaving you extremely vulnerable with the logistics between bases. Good luck regardless. How Gamma 2.0 mechanics actually work will decide whether STC returns to Gamma, not yet more hollow and empty promises from players who had the opportunity but never could follow thru in the past.

Love living on Shinjalar huh?

Annihilator wrote:
Ville wrote:

It's not that any corp is really "living" anywhere but alpha2 islands either, right?

With spark teleportation, unlimited storage space everywhere, unlimited access to NPC faction terminals -
can you actually say that your ingame character is living anywhere specific?

You level of Sarcasm reminds me of this guy I have affectionately named "Hondo."

Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

I loved living on Bergers.

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:
Cassius wrote:

Best thing you guys ever did was pve abandoned bases.  Keep that memory strong it might be a VERY long time before you have anything better to beat your chest about.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Stranger Danger wrote:
Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

Best thing you guys ever did was pve abandoned bases.  Keep that memory strong it might be a VERY long time before you have anything better to beat your chest about.

QFT

Ville wrote:

You level of Sarcasm reminds me of this guy I have affectionately named "Hondo."

Hey Ville, you sure you aren't referring to Hyoudou? Hyoudou Issei? XD

PS: it's great to see PHM, 77th & Joke welcoming fresh talent out on beta. This type of combat op experience is invaluable when we consider growth in this small online community.

It's new players with grapefruit-sized balls such as Hyoudou, who rolled solo across the length of Kentagura to liaise with the main alliance force, who will find their place on Gamma however it may look and feel when it happens.

To bring this post back on topic, I'll be happy just to make the most of the most important aspect of Perp once Gamma arrives - the players.

There has been an awakening... Have you felt it?

Syndic wrote:

In the current iteration on the test server, I would build a base simply for the benefits to prototyping/production/recycling.

Why wouldn't you?

Why would I ?

I do production at the moment because theirs no new content in the game not because I need to. All the Devs are thinking about right now is how many restrictions they can put on gamma before no one will use it ...

while they should be thinking about how they can rebuild a system in a way that  everyone can enjoy it. One in which everyone doesn't have walled off gamma islands.

The only thing they need to fix is the ability to wall off the gamma islands completely, but in stead they are trying to make cookie cutter islands that are the equivalent to beta ...

why then spend the resources and time to TF and inhabit that version of gamma after you have been playing it for the past 2+ years? (oh that's right you haven't been playing it for the past 2 years) So then it may appealing to you but it sure as hell isn't to me.

#1 best thing about gamma is the creativity we have with terraforming.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

37 (edited by Gremrod 2014-05-21 19:29:53)

Tux wrote:

I totally agree with this statement. But you need to realize that you can be creative with boundaries put in place. I think TF can be in the game and allow for people to keep being creative. But they do need to put a boundary system in place to keep people from pushing sand outside the box and breaking it.

This is not directed at you Tux, this is directed at all of us.

Let's give the DEVs time to get it right and stop bashing them and pushing them to hurry up.

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

38 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-21 19:30:10)

The very same reason why you would capture a Beta outpost and own territory, to create content and challenges for yourself and have fun in the game.

Or you can do a cost-evaluation spreadsheet and decide it's not worth the expense or you lack the strength to try and control territory.

After you went into your blueballing-mode for the 3rd time, I did a cost-evaluation and decided the game without active competition isn't worth paying 100$ for.

There's nothing wrong with being an Alpha industrial corporation, AIC does it all the time and they seem to be getting by quite nicely. I'm sure leaving the scarabs on liquid fields overnight poses a hefty challenge for your capacities.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

39 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-22 04:27:47)

Gremrod wrote:
Tux wrote:

I totally agree with this statement. But you need to realize that you can be creative with boundaries put in place. I think TF can be in the game and allow for people to keep being creative. But they do need to put a boundary system in place to keep people from pushing sand outside the box and breaking it.

This is not directed at you Tux, this is directed at all of us.

Let's give the DEVs time to get it right and stop bashing them and pushing them to hurry up.

I also agree that Terraforming needs to exist as a Creative Element. This is one of the reasons I am advocating the Painted Zone Concept. Aside from the Access Issue, with terraforming possible on most of island (old system) the result is extremely ugly (even if functional) results. If Devs CONTAIN terraforming to limited sections of the map they can POTENTIALLY accomplish the following:

1). Full island access without mid island chokepoints (fully cross-able)

2.) Unlimited terrafroming within the zone for Base Protection and Defense (unrelated bonus: add Shield Wall for friendly entry/exit that blocks non-friendly in similar fashion as terminal entry rights)

3.) CREATIVITY for base design withing each zone without spilling all over the map.

4.) Dev Reset Control per Zone. For whatever reasons if Devs need to change the boundaries or move or simply reset a particular Zone they can do it Zone by Zone rather than affecting ALL of Gamma. (i.e. partial resets instead of full resets).

4.) Dev Island Design Control: the sections of the island NOT subject to Player Terraforming Creativity are therefore subject to Dev Creativity, including Highways, TPs and whatever structural or landscaping design pleases them (i have a few ideas on Highways and TP mechanics that do NOT rely on terraforming outside the Painted Zones, but one step at a time).

@ Rex, I agree with a lot of what your advocating for ... we just need to get zoom to change his mind about the asinine slope limitations he wants .. With the painted zones TF from gamma 1.0 can work just limit the height.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.