Topic: Bot destroyed marker ...

Everyone will lose a sweet little Mech sooner or later, it is inevitable. 

Did you explode and wonder where in the heck you were at or where your can could possibly be?  For whatever reason, we all eventually have times misconception of where we were. 

My idea assists us in recovering the contents of our poor Mech's. 

So, when you illfatedly explode, your can has a 10min lockdown timer WITH a beacon (and 5 min can life afterwards w/o beacon)!  What this means is, when you exit the station for the FIRST time, your timer begins to count down.  What this also means is, it gives you a chance to make it across the continent (lets just say they are quite large and transportation across them is ... time consuming.). 

What this enables players to do is; assist in the recovery of their remaining contents with very little fear of losing it due to can expiration or a looter. 

How this helps : We love recovering our modules.  People don't broadcast the items they looted and freely tell others where the destruction was, so we lose far more then what we lost in the first place. 

Thats about it.  Thanks for peeking at my idea.

-Ensi

Re: Bot destroyed marker ...

I love this idea. On the map you should be able to display your loses and their location with the newest at the top, selecting them should give you a location.

The kill-board powered by the limited API system has locations so I don't see why we can't get them on a map in game.

Ensireka wrote:

What this enables players to do is; assist in the recovery of their remaining contents with very little fear of losing it due to can expiration or a looter.

There is no free cheese here...

Inappropriate signature.

+1

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

I am happy to see positive remarks.  However, I am unable to understand why a beneficial idea such as this is getting a "-1" from Scyylla ... if you explode ... you don't think it would be nice to recover some of your equipment?

Perhaps then, you can recover it and donate it to a local newbie if you really don't want it.  Sure beats it expiring to the void of nothingness.  That way you are helping someone out willingly.  It'd show good character.  smile

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

I am happy to see positive remarks.  However, I am unable to understand why a beneficial idea such as this is getting a "-1" from Scyylla ... if you explode ... you don't think it would be nice to recover some of your equipment?

Perhaps then, you can recover it and donate it to a local newbie if you really don't want it.  Sure beats it expiring to the void of nothingness.  That way you are helping someone out willingly.  It'd show good character.  smile

-Ensi

After you have just died in PvP, making the victor having to wait 10 mins to scoop their prize while the fight moves on will not work.

I believe the killing unit should dictate whether or not the can is immediately lootable or not. 

If npc destroys player (last hit), timer sequence goes into effect.  IF player destroys player (most damage + last hit) the player can is immediately lootable.

The abuse of players using npcs to facilitate a coward attack or otherwise gank will not be promoted and therefore will be hindered by the above calculations. 

Thanks for posting!

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

I believe the killing unit should dictate whether or not the can is immediately lootable or not. 

If npc destroys player (last hit), timer sequence goes into effect.  IF player destroys player (most damage + last hit) the player can is immediately lootable.

The abuse of players using npcs to facilitate a coward attack or otherwise gank will not be promoted and therefore will be hindered by the above calculations. 

Thanks for posting!

-Ensi

They made the NPCs Orange on Alpha for this reason, and let me tell you something about dragging NPCs onto players on Alpha.  It was VERY complicated to predict the triangulation of the drop off and it was hella fun to do.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Ensireka wrote:

Thanks for posting!

-Ensi

I could care less about markers for a destroyed bot but the free cheese mentality of nobody being allowed to loot a destroyed bots can is just plain garbage.... even on alpha.....

You die, you have to face the consequences and those consequences are u lose mods in the destruction and what doesn't go poof ends up in a lootable can........ Part of the economy in this game is making the items to replace said losses.....

Even alpha has to have risks and the only risk on alpha is losing ur bot to a spawn YOU have to attack and someone looting whats left......

Inappropriate signature.

Scyylla wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

Thanks for posting!

-Ensi

I could care less about markers for a destroyed bot but the free cheese mentality of nobody being allowed to loot a destroyed bots can is just plain garbage.... even on alpha.....

You die, you have to face the consequences and those consequences are u lose mods in the destruction and what doesn't go poof ends up in a lootable can........ Part of the economy in this game is making the items to replace said losses.....

Even alpha has to have risks and the only risk on alpha is losing ur bot to a spawn YOU have to attack and someone looting whats left......

+1

So, you come to gripe about wanting a marker?  If you don't want it, then don't use it.  Better yet, don't use your gps or any type of navigational assistance irl either. 

If we have black box's on airplanes and tracking devices on vehicles.  It makes sense that we'd have a beacon for our destroyed Mech. 

Would you like to toss out more incoherent complaining?

-Ensi

Aren't you capable of using your radar and a map?

Yes, however you ever lose a bot to dc?  Forget where you were?  Yea ... thats what I thought.

-Ensi

Are you f*cking 10 years old?  If I lose a bot due to DC I put in a support ticket and it magically appears in my hanger typically within 24 hours.  And if you forgot where you died at, than you were probably botting or shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Now you're just getting beyond stupid. 

-Ensi

You know what is beyond stupid?  -Ensi.  Yes we know you said that, there is an avatar picture with your name above it immediately to the left.

17 (edited by Ensireka 2014-05-21 15:54:50)

You have some serious anger issues.  Please, feel free to act the age of w/e age you are.  Because that incoherent rage you have is nothing more then an oddity, an outrage over a request of a marker beacon ... seriously? 

Do you really not have anything better to do then the rage over a post that had absolutely no nastiness in it until you opened your mouth and typed such anger and hate?  They make places for people like you.

If you act like this over a game post.  I'd hate to see what you're like in person.  How is it you avoided prison after all these years?  People with anger issues like that typically have a large violent record.  Do you not? 

>ponders Ville's sanity<

Thank for the posts anyhow mate.  Your attitude totally needs an adjustment.  Please find a chill pill.

-Ensi

Ensireka wrote:

Yes, however you ever lose a bot to dc?  Forget where you were?  Yea ... thats what I thought.

-Ensi

This is were you insult me.

Ensireka wrote:

Now you're just getting beyond stupid. 

-Ensi

This is were you insult me again.

And my 10 year old cousin does the -(name) thing.  I assume your of that age and judging by your forum post it was confirmed.

Annoying 10 year olds should not be posting on the forums with out parental consent first.

So run along with your bad idea.

Wow, you think that 1st post you quoted was an insult?  How?  You forgetting something?  We all do.

Now, if you recall what you typed before my 'Now you're just getting beyond stupid.' comment ... you mentioned botting and I shouldn't be there in the 1st place. 

When you dc autopilot stops and all modules quit working (as far as I am aware about the latter), now, if I was auto piloting back to the station with hostile enemies in tow (for a level 2 assignment) ... I drop and the Mech just shuts down and degrags its memory or something.  All the while the hostiles are incoming, closing that 350m + gap fast. 

Before you are able to log in, you explode, you're sitting in the station when you re-enter the game. 

What happened and where did it happen?  Well, I guess I shouldn't be checking the forums with auto pilot on or getting a drink, or taking the dog out.  However, you cannot stop a dc.  It's just about assisting the player to recover something from an uncontrollable incident. 

Even with a petition, if someone loots the can ... your screwed.  You do not receive the looted items back.  That would lead to exploits.  I for one am quite grateful that the GM's care enough to reimburse us, becaue they could just say 'bugger off, its not on our end'. 

You see.  You guys may disagree with the idea, thats fine.  Lets not be ridiculous and throw mud.  This isn't worth hostilities, insults or anger. 

I thought it was a great idea.  I never thought i'd get any reaction like that. 

Be safe Ville.  Kill some Observers for me.  smile

-Ensi

20 (edited by Race Drones 2014-05-21 21:43:24)

Scyylla wrote:
Ensireka wrote:

Thanks for posting!

-Ensi

+1

Ignorance is curable, Stupidity is not.
The "Planet of the Apes" is not science fiction, is a daily reality.
All is in "The Matrix".
See Beyond the Obvious.

Let me guess ... you don't want auto pilot either?

-Ensi