Topic: Autopilot: ETA to destination and total travel time if waypoints

as a timer counting down like in the corner by events or something.  Please smile

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Autopilot: ETA to destination and total travel time if waypoints

+1

Asked for this when Autonavigation first came out and I think Gargaj nearly removed my internal organs.

Would be awesome to have but not worth spending hours on or rewriting code or risking slowing down the client.

Alexander wrote:

Asked for this when Autonavigation first came out and I think Gargaj nearly removed my internal organs.

Would be awesome to have but not worth spending hours on or rewriting code or risking slowing down the client.

I think the math is pretty much there on drawing the line on the radar.

- 1 pixel at 1:1 is 1 tile
- 1 tile is 10x10 meters
- Say you're running at 84 kph, so that's 84 * 1000 / 3600 = ~23.33 m/s
- Say you have to draw a line of about 200 pixels, so that's 10 x 200 = 2000 meters; divide by speed, so 2000 / 23.33 = ~85.7 seconds = 1m26s

My math skills aren't great but this must be close.

I had the exact same idea yesterday. +11

I spent over an hour more than I planned on moving stuff around last night which is why I posted.  If I had known how long it was going to take, I'd have not done half as much.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Doek wrote:
Alexander wrote:

I think the math is pretty much there on drawing the line on the radar.

- 1 pixel at 1:1 is 1 tile
- 1 tile is 10x10 meters
- Say you're running at 84 kph, so that's 84 * 1000 / 3600 = ~23.33 m/s
- Say you have to draw a line of about 200 pixels, so that's 10 x 200 = 2000 meters; divide by speed, so 2000 / 23.33 = ~85.7 seconds = 1m26s

My math skills aren't great but this must be close.

I kind of thought that since they're drawing the line anyway it wouldn't be that difficult to calculate at least an estimate.

Population graphs

the line is there, but not sure if it takes the plants into account while working or at the start. Also, sometimes it still likes to do circles around plants big_smile

<GargajCNS> we maim to please