Topic: Accumulator Expansion

So, I was leveling Accumulator Expansion to level 6 today and according to my calculations ... 552 x 3% = 16.56 which I should have ended up with 568 ... instead I ended up with 566 ...

Care to explain?  Perhaps I missed something.  However, if not, then the math needs to be checked for each of the levels.

Thanks for your ear,
Ensi

Re: Accumulator Expansion

Accumulator capacity = Accumulator capacity + (Accumulator capacity * Accumulator expansion * 0.03)

3 (edited by Annihilator 2014-05-20 00:58:04)

hurray, another hungarian math topic

when 115% = 552
whats 118% ?

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Ensireka wrote:

So, I was leveling Accumulator Expansion to level 6 today and according to my calculations ... 552 x 3% = 16.56 which I should have ended up with 568 ... instead I ended up with 566 ...

Care to explain?  Perhaps I missed something.  However, if not, then the math needs to be checked for each of the levels.

Thanks for your ear,
Ensi

We have dealt with it on many occasions since the game was created.  We wanted it fixed and after many many years its still the same. It is referred to as Hungarian math.

I thought this issue was based on the fact that extensions boost the base value and not boost the already boosted value.

What the UI is missing is a breakdown of where additional values are coming from and what the base values are.

Alexander wrote:

I thought this issue was based on the fact that extensions boost the base value and not boost the already boosted value.

What the UI is missing is a breakdown of where additional values are coming from and what the base values are.

Those are extensions like Energy Management and Reactor Expansion.

And yeh for slightly more readable code:

https://github.com/sequer/PFT/blob/mast … Domain.php

The problem is, I have done calculations on other extensions prior to leveling them and they give a bonus = to the exact % stated, which means ... its a % based off the amount showing, not the base amount.

So, if they are doing base % for some, why not all?  Better yet ... why not remove the base % calculations and do it based off the current amount?

Off the top of my head I do not recall the extensions which utilize the different equations, however, it would be beneficial to the players of Perpetuum to have a non-based value calculation.  Please let us have this.

due to formulas beeing an integral part ot the game engine, and the "balance"  -
the more likely thing to happen, is a correction of the tooltip to reflect what the formula does

for example, any cycletime extension except the two turret ones, state "reduce cycletime by" while its a "adds 5x% to the RoF bonus"

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Well, I still think it's ridiculous.  The math should not change per extension as I have seen the numbers not add up multiple times before. 

-Ensi

It's all good until you start to level Nexus

Have a productive day, runner!
R.I.P. Chenoa, you'll never be forgotten.
DEV Zoom: Line, sorry, I was away for christmas.
http://perp-kill.net/?m=view&id=252086