Topic: Gamma Wipe ~ Completion

I am asking and suggesting that the Terraforming reimbursements be completed, Why you ask?

Because there is no way I would spend the amount of NIC I spent on terraforming in the old system on the new system you guys are purposing. Its not going to work long term so you should give me my NIC back now. Terraforming IF kept in game will be so limited that i do not see any corp using it in any viable way. 

I recommend that you Remove all of the structures form the game and replace them with their equivalent in minerals to the owners.

I recommend that you guys scrap the current version of Gamma PBS and go back to the drawing board, why? Because the current PBS networks hinge on being able to terraform the island to make them useable. If you cannot terraform the island you cannot use the structures.

I recommend you bring back the gamma islands with:
No Terraforming
No Structures
No NPC Terminals
No mining tower requirement for colix mining
Bring back Epriton to gamma.

Basically gamma should be a no~mans land that people can mine epriton and colixum on but not build bases on and WHEN you can release Gamma PBS in a viable sustainable way then add it back in.

Something needs to be done sooner rather than later because you have a mineral hole in production for new players coming to the game. Right now there is a fixed amount of Colixum in the game and no more can be mined because we do not have gamma. This needs to be resolved. 

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

2 (edited by oaisdj98asd 2014-05-18 11:56:44)

Re: Gamma Wipe ~ Completion

colix can be refined from random minings, though you dont need it now for craft. surely if you do not craft scarab mk2, which should not be accessible "for new players" in short time. so it's just another fuuu thread

^^ so what if MK2 scarabs become a more rarer item?

You guys should have stock piled more Colix.

by the time the current player base needs / want Mk2 scarabs im sure Gamma wil be back in (wishful thinking )

True Pros make a Podcast to influence the Devs minds, 
The rest of you guys are Hacks tongue

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

Tux wrote:

Because there is no way I would spend the amount of NIC I spent on terraforming in the old system on the new system you guys are purposing. Its not going to work long term so you should give me my NIC back now. Terraforming IF kept in game will be so limited that i do not see any corp using it in any viable way.

The DEVs already confirmed that terraforming charges won't be reimbursed in form of NIC. What do you think will happen to the already dead economy if 100s of billions of  NIC is pumped back in instantly? STC has exploited gamma enough already. Let's leave it at that.

Tux wrote:

I recommend you bring back the gamma islands with:
No Terraforming
No Structures
No NPC Terminals
No mining tower requirement for colix mining
Bring back Epriton to gamma.

+1

Did you copy this from your walls post?

6 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-18 16:22:12)

Actually Colixium can be mined and aquired in sufficient amounts to sustain Scarab Mk2 production by mining Epriton.

I agree the TF NIC should be refunded, right after all the NIC & resources bought with NIC that came from beacon-exploits is removed from the game.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Syndic wrote:

I agree the TF NIC should be refunded, right after all the NIC & resources bought with NIC that came from beacon-exploits is removed from the game.

Why not the DEVs did this for Insurance fraud. But they wont now? Fo shame.

PS. I got my Highways & stopped playing b4 they came in & have never used them! ...... Irony much ? tongue

So what your wanting is to build 4 walls around you on Gamma and mine. When someone shows up drop an armored beacon and leave like you do on Beta now? No.

Pretty sure you need to be close enough to a terminal to do this. Soo not sure how your gonna build them on gamma.

Just going to wait and see with Gamma. Not too encouraged so far, but I only speak for myself.

Moveable mining terminal,place 4 walls around you mine.

Steam achievement Unlocked:  Being a Badass
http://www.perp-kill.net/kill/239407
Dev Zoom: I think its time to confess, Ville is my alt
Dev Zoom: Ville can be sometimes so sane it's scary.

Syndic wrote:

Actually Colixium can be mined and aquired in sufficient amounts to sustain Scarab Mk2 production by mining Epriton.

+1

John 3:16 - Timothy 2:23

12 (edited by Cassius 2014-05-19 18:24:23)

Ville wrote:

I was referring to what was proposed here, Tux suggested no structures.
Besides, wouldn't it be easier to simply dock in your mining terminal than drop a tele and get out?

13 (edited by Gwyndor 2014-05-20 04:03:28)

Leave gamma as it was. I wasn't playing during gamma but from all I have read and heard it sounds like the bases were super safe because they could be bottlenecked and there was no bot that could survive the enemy guns so the only option was to teraform into the back side for a day and a half.

What I think would make it reasonable while still retaining the bulk of the TF mechanic that brought me to this game and that sets it apart from other games such as eve online, is to add a heavy glider meant to siege these bottlenecks that either takes reduced damage from gun placements unless manned by an active player and also limit the island to 50% terraformable.

As long as I can be a new player and travel along the gamma islands to ninja mine or PvP I am happy. Taking a teleporter and getting insta blapped by guns doesn't sound like ay fun. If players can't be online from a group that controls a gamma island at least every 8 hours then they are probably not large enough to man a gamma.

I also saw the number of gamma islands on a picture. There are way too many even for the expanded player base the game has now

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:

I was referring to what was proposed here, Tux suggested no structures.
Besides, wouldn't it be easier to simply dock in your mining terminal than drop a tele and get out?

Taking this opportunity to say Colixium should not require mining tower or whatever its called, or ANY structure in proximity to a Colixium field. And it sure as HELL does not need a terminal next to the field for 100% mining safety.

Also, if the Devs ever test their idea that I have quoted in my signature, you will NOT be able to have Colixium structures next to fields as they will be dynamic and out-of-range- of the "painted" zones.

TLDR: kill colixum Structure requirements (at least within proximity)

This is probably the worst idea ive heard yet for gamma.  Not only does it heavily favor a certain play style that is what the OP favors (no surprise there) but it would create a gamma that is nothing but mining and possibly roams on the miners...that's it.

Throw away a major feature of the game and replace it with walling in miners....are you kidding me...

I love the concept of epi being only on beta, just need to sort out perhaps how collixium is used in production to make it more lucrative.

Designing and building a base is fun, yes it needs major work done to it, beyond the attempts at slope limits (which ive heard just make it harder to siege a base, the exact opposite of what needs to happen)

I want gamma to be a place where massive fleet battles happen, and are a place of activity....not desolate empty islands with the potential for ninja miners.

Fixing gamma will be no easy task, I think a few people have some fantastic ideas revolving around changes to turrets, which would still allow free terraforming to live...perhaps a way to collapse terraformed land (terra bombs?) and wreck anything on the walls would make walling off islands less viable (perhaps some changes to ewar turrets and how they work as well)

I know the solution isn't to abandon terraforming, structure building, and creating 19 wastelands with epi.

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Making gamma even less valuable, (Cutting Epi out of it) will make it even more of a waste land.

We only need gammas for one thing scarabs.  Sure we have promises of other things that will need it, and if this is how DEVs wish to make this work, those "things" need to come WITH the gamma change not after.

No reason to do anything BUT ninja mining when you dont need it in mass qualities anyway.
So A semi +1 to what your driving at on the "no need for much of it anyway".

I would go with the simplest solution.  I sure hope they can find that simplest solution.

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Merkle wrote:

No reason to do anything BUT ninja mining when you dont need it in mass qualities anyway.

Not every one will want to do that. If you wish to not commit to Gamma then so be it.

Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

Not every one will want to do that. If you wish to not commit to Gamma then so be it.

It's not like he is going to be living there regardless..

Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

June is coming.

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

June is coming.

Do they hand out fresh sets of bollocks in the summertime?

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Is that what it will take for you to step out of "Pet" status?

Cassius wrote:
Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:

June is coming.

Did we miss winter? because that was coming too I thought.....

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

The King of the North!

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

Deathmonkey wrote:

Is that what it will take for you to step out of "Pet" status?

Delicious rage.

Ville wrote:
Obi Wan Kenobi wrote:
Merkle wrote:

No one will be living on gamma with the current BS that is on the TEST SERVER ...

I understand your anger with us ... I really do but if you want even a glimpse of a chance at revenge you should be advocating for gamma to be worth something that is sustainable, rewarding and worth the time. other wise you will just toil away in rage. The only Group of people taking that away from you is the devs because as the ONLY Corp that Survived Gamma from start to finish STC is a Gamma Corporation we have been from Gammas inception.

But as I will keep saying no one will take the time and effort to live on a gamma that is not worth living on.

Think about it.

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.