1 (edited by Aye Pod 2014-05-16 20:12:07)

Topic: Sensor Strength

Can we get a passive skill that increases a bots sensor strength? That way ECM doesnt need to be nerf'd. Also a skill that would boost the effects of ECCM would be nice also.

The idea of an active ECCM would be nice but it should work like a shield and deplete the bots accum every time it counters a successful jam.

2 (edited by Gunner 2014-05-16 20:57:57)

Re: Sensor Strength

ill let Rage take care of this

Hi can we have a Skill that:

makes me immune to ECM

makes me inmmune to Supps

makes me immune to DPS

makes me immune to logging in to TS

makes me immune to using my Brain

please if you have time

terrible idea, go away

DEV Zoom - "If you mean the NPC aggro, that's been like that for months already."

you called? I'm listening. Always listening to ewar whispers.

Just sayin there are 2 skills that boost ECM not to mention bots that have boosts to it as well but there are 0 skills to help with the counter.

6 (edited by Burial 2014-05-16 23:37:00)

Aye Pod wrote:

Just sayin there are 2 skills that boost ECM not to mention bots that have boosts to it as well but there are 0 skills to help with the counter.

Not to mention tuners. ECCM was in-game before tuners.

I've suggested it multiple times to just add an active ECCM module, should work like a detector with 30/30 cycle time.

Just like to take the time to point out that STC didn't start this thread... smile

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

nerf logical fleet composition.

also

nerf mages

Stranger Danger / Capital Punishment / Cyberdown
Pillar of the Community
Ruler of Recruit Chat
CIR Ministry of Truth

Such a shame that we cant have any sort of real discussion about any sort of gameplay/balancing ideas without one certain alliance dropping a deuce all over the discussion....

Those of you lucky enough to have your lives, take them with you. However, leave the mods you've lost. They belong to me now.

Scarab Kill Count:2

I didnt suggest to nerf anything. That is what the devs will do once enough people *** and we all know once nerf'd ECM will be useless. Im suggesting the devs create tools that will allow the players themselves deal with it. ECCM isnt enough.

Shadowmine wrote:

Just like to take the time to point out that STC didn't start this thread... smile

Youre not helping after posting *** like this. Just sayin...

Aye Pod wrote:

I didnt suggest to nerf anything. That is what the devs will do once enough people *** and we all know once nerf'd ECM will be useless. Im suggesting the devs create tools that will allow the players themselves deal with it. ECCM isnt enough.

Heh, People see the light.

Until the overlords get them in line.

What you just suggested is a nerf.

Its a work around nerf.  You bring ECM strength more into line of where it should be, and ECCM's will start being the counter they should be.

Shocker!

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

13 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-17 00:58:57)

Shadowmine wrote:

Such a shame that we cant have any sort of real discussion about any sort of gameplay/balancing ideas without one certain alliance dropping a deuce all over the discussion....

Repeating the phases "nerf ewar" and "buff sensor strength" over and over is not a "discussion."

But hey "nerfing ewar one thread at a time" ...and I know who did not start this thread.

What this game really needs is MORE *** BOTS

More options

More tools

Lets hear some fresh ideas from the nerf-ewar-clan that does not involve theorycraft-spreadsheet-max-ep

more player

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

lightning bolt

lightning bolt

lightning bolt

ECCM as it is is powerful, they are used effectively now already

spy doesnt count

Shadowmine wrote:

Yeah these nerf ewar people want to play chess with all queens.

it dont work that way boys.

Checkers is that way   ---->

Rage Rex wrote:
Shadowmine wrote:

Repeating the phases "nerf ewar" and "buff sensor strength" over and over is not a "discussion."

But hey "nerfing ewar one thread at a time" ...and I know who did not start this thread.

What this game really needs is MORE *** BOTS

More options

More tools

Lets hear some fresh ideas from the nerf-ewar-clan that does not involve theorycraft-spreadsheet-max-ep

18 (edited by Burial 2014-05-18 06:35:13)

I think, just like Gunner, that ECM is fine now that I'm maxed. I play chess now.

Here is the main problem and it has to do with the way ECM works

If my ECM strength is 100 and your sensor strength is 100 I have a 100% chance to jam you ... the exact maths is like 99.999999 something % but fact is when tested I will jam 10/10 times.

If i put in a ECCM to increase my sensor strength up to 400 (example) the ECM @ 100 Strength still has a 25% chance to jam. Considering most EW pilots run 2 to 3 ECM's .... focused on 1 target still gives you around a 75% chance to jam every 10 seconds, run 4 ecm's nd your chance is nearly 100% still 

ECCM is an extremely weak & non effective counter to ECM ... add in ECM tuner and ECCM becomes almost pointless.

I am fully speced into EW with maxxed skills. I dont want to get "nerfed" but what i do want is balance.

A good balance would be for sensor amps to (@t4 + lvl ten skill) nullify the effect of sensor suppression completely

A good balance would be for a ECCM break opponent locks and make one immune to being Jammed for a short period of time 10sec (same as 1 cycle of a ECM) @ t4 with a 30 second cool down. <<< This is similar to the way that it  use to be ... before Ewar tuners were in game.

Yes when taking into consideration "FLEET" composition you can compensate for this with more EW vs EW. Balance is not bringing more ECM's to ECM the ECMers. Balance is employing a viable counter (Electronic counter counter measure) that is as effective as its pair.

TL;DR
Sensor amp and Sensor suppressor should cancel each other out completely
ECM and ECCM should cancel each other out completely

Tux ~ Kill the messenger, he was part of it all along.
Euripides ~ Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head.
Bertrand Russell ~ War does not determine who is right - only who is left.

Your maths don't make sense. With four head slots I can shoot 50% of the time vs four head slots of ewar that can't shoot at all. Even under four ECM and four supressors I can shoot 25% of the time and your using two ewar mechs that can't shoot back.

Proverbs 23:20-21 warns us, “Do not join those who drink too much wine or gorge themselves on meat, for drunkards and gluttons become poor, and drowsiness clothes them in rags."

21 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-18 13:48:48)

Theorycrafting is one thing.

Battlefield is different thing.

EW Tunings have an obvious and very serious drawback.

In the current metagame, if the Devs touch EW even by the slightest percentage it will herald the arrival of the Ictus FOTM.

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice

Tux wrote:

Here is the main problem and it has to do with the way ECM works

If my ECM strength is 100 and your sensor strength is 100 I have a 100% chance to jam you ... the exact maths is like 99.999999 something % but fact is when tested I will jam 10/10 times.

well, to my knowledge, the exact math is that you have a 100% chance to hit with ecm strenght is equal or higher sensor strength.

*Disclaimer: This post can contain strong sarcasm or cynical remarks. keep that in mind!
Whining - It's amazing how fast your trivial concerns will disappear

Tux wrote:

TL;DR

So you want to negate a whole class of Robots, may as well delete them from game and reimburse that EP.

Tux wrote:

TL;DR

OMG pass that pipe yo i need some of that stuff.

You claim your a fully spec'd ewar pilot and yet with this type of answer you are ready to nerf your entire bot with 1 or 2 mods. The counter to E-war if you haven't guessed it is more or longer range e-war, another counter is to neut them and kill them as fast as possible.

From what I've seen your corp was focused on Heavys and max dps for a long time, Your playing catch up on the ewar game in terms of experience not our fault.

Anonymous: lobo is the only hero left in this god foresaken game / :also, Lobo is god among men
http://killboard.sequer.nl/?a=agent-his … mp;month=7 Best month 104 to 1 k/d

25 (edited by Syndic 2014-05-18 16:35:58)

Lobo is right and, there's 2-3 more counters btw. big_smile

[18:20:30] <GLiMPSE> Chairman Of My Heart o/
CIR Complaint Form

The Imperial Grand Wizard of Justice