Topic: Remote Delete and/or Hide Station

For storage.  I have multiple stations where I have like 1 field can.  Let me hide them or delete the can.  Please.

Population graphs

<GM Synapse> please don't abuse our fresh players before blowing them up. And for god sakes, don't do that after it!

Re: Remote Delete and/or Hide Station

Asked for year or so ago.

+1

The Gifter
Top  Killer 2013  - 01: 334 -- 17 -- 317  : Merkle
Top  Killer 2012  - 01: 027 -- 472 -- 445 : Merkle

Scarab Kill Count - 13

Deletion would be really good.

4 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-18 00:55:21)

Except remote delete from Gamma

Unless Delete is tied to some type of delayed recycle plant mechanic, where deleted items stay for couple weeks before actually disappearing. In Gamma effect would be time for attackers to loot.

Off Gamma it would make no difference.

Deletion still is a hard thing to do on billions of nic worth of stuff.

Just ask Ville he has done it quite a few times.  It still feels just as good for the other side.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

6 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-18 01:06:53)

Merkle wrote:

Deletion still is a hard thing to do on billions of nic worth of stuff.

Just ask Ville he has done it quite a few times.  It still feels just as good for the other side.

I agree that's good thing to watch your enemy burn his own assets. But it's even sweeter to acquire them. The Gamma Asset Deletion Mechanic is disincentive for Gamma Warfare. At the very least it should require more time than simple 'insta-click' delete.

I'm definitely motivated to wreck a few bases 'because' but for long term health of PvP and Gamma Warfare I'd prefer non-vengence, non-greif incentive to attack a base.

7 (edited by Burial 2014-05-18 01:10:22)

Gamma stations could go to a "lock" mode whenever they are reinforced. In lock mode nothing can be deleted. Just flat out removing deletion from Gamma assets is counterproductive to the whole suggestion.

// Gamma asset listing under Private Storage should get fixed first though. lol

8 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-18 01:15:17)

Burial wrote:

Gamma stations could go to a "lock" mode whenever they are reinforced. In lock mode nothing can be deleted. Just flat out removing deletion from Gamma assets is counterproductive to the whole suggestion.

I still think you should be able to "click" remove from your inventory, so that you can keep things organized. From player perspective they are gone. My addition is those things go into some type of delayed recycle somewhere in the terminal (out of your sight) ...anything.

The point is not to make asset organization harder. I like specific fixes for specific problems. Not broad brushes that throw out all the good parts.

A lock-out is fair compromise in old Gamma base model. We'll see if such mechanic would work in new.

I know not everyone is for this. My point is simply about incentives for warfare. Not everyone want warfare.

Common, you know,

1. Undock
2. Place Can
3. ....
4.  Pro....Um Err Delete?

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

10 (edited by Rage Rex 2014-05-18 02:48:43)

Merkle wrote:

Common, you know,

1. Undock
2. Place Can
3. ....
4.  Pro....Um Err Delete?

A fence on US/Mexico border will significantly slow cross - border traffic. People can still hop over, dig under, and cut through it. But it's far better than no fence (for slowing traffic, politics aside).

Yea we should build a wall, and just put auto turrets on it so we dont have to pull the trigger, and feel bad.

Just add the delete in, it does the same thing, just one cannot get more rich, or richer, super rich, on a termial.

The Gifter

Scarab Kill Count - 13

+1 remote delete except gamma

Or as I suggested 2 years ago here to make firesales possible:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rder-time/

The ones saying "impossible" shall not disturb the ones already doing it

Sid from mining wrote:

Or as I suggested 2 years ago here to make firesales possible:

http://forums.perpetuum-online.com/topi … rder-time/

That is different issue. But as a separate issue it is in High demand. Increased market orders and remote buy/sell definite needs in this game especially with nerfed SpT.